• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 10, 2021

    Eternal Card Game I'm behind on mini-sets and I don't expect to catchup anytime soon.

    Eternal Card Game I'm behind on mini-sets and I don't expect to catchup anytime soon.


    I'm behind on mini-sets and I don't expect to catchup anytime soon.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 12:25 PM PDT

    Over the last few months, I've been taking a break from the game. I often switch between games and I've done so many times in the past with Eternal. It's not anything wrong with the game, I just like to switch things up.

    But now, DWD is releasing about 5 mini-sets a month. Awakening, the 4th to last mini came out in September of 2020. I've played on and off for since then but these 25k gold fees are adding up very fast. When Hour of Glass comes out, I'll be 3 minis behind and I have not spent any gold on packs, sealed or draft for a long time.

    I'm not writing this to complain. If this brings more sales for the devs, all the power to them. Ethically, this is far from the worse way to monetize a free game in my opinion. I just want to give my perspective as someone with 720 hours on Steam only, someone who has been playing casually since set 3 and someone who has spent money on the game in the past but has not done so recently.

    I'm fine with being behind and not owning all the cards. But will F2P players see about 125k gold a year as a fair price to keep up with the mini-sets? Will returning players (or new players) be discouraged to see how high the paywall stacked up while they were gone? I'm pretty sure most will.

    My suggestion would be to drop the gold price of the minis over time. Maybe 5k gold a year down to a minimum of 10k or 15k gold. This would keep the same grind/purchase wall to players who want to be competitive or collect everything (which I'm guessing is where most of their income is, at least for the constructed modes). This would also give a fair shot to casual, returning and new players to get some older cards that may be less prevalent in the meta without removing the incentive to shill out for new cards. Maybe it's a naïve solution, I'm not on the dev team. I just know that I'm not gonna buy all these minis any time soon.

    submitted by /u/E-308
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to Eternal?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    I would first like to say that this post is in no way bashing the game or trying to position it in a negative light, I am just genuinely curious about the state of the game.

    I stopped playing the game about a year and a half ago because I started working an extremely demanding job which made my free time nonexistant. I did log in fairly recently just to see what was new in the game and while doing so I partcipated in a monthly sealed draft. I did this primarily to gauge the player base and I was just startled. I understand that one event doesn't tell me everything I would need to know about the game's population but it was such a significant difference from when I used to play the game. I ranked in the 2000s from not even playing any of my games, when it would be around 6000+ in the past.

    Did something significant happen within the last year and a half or so that would cause players to leave? I remember around the time that I stopped playing, players were upset over Twitch drops and that being a thing (I agreed it was a horrendous, unfair system) but I don't know how much that actually impacted the playerbase, if at all. I mean, even judging from activity on this sub the traffic and excitement for the game seems like it has done a complete nose dive. I'm not claiming the game seems dead or anything, but far less supported than when I was into it regularly.

    It is a bit disheartening to see because I loved this game and now that my circumstances have changed I got a bit misty at the thought of playing again. I put a lot of hours into the game back when I had time to play regularly. I understand the population of the game shouldn't affect my personal enjoyment, and it doesn't in terms of the core game itself, but it makes me sad for the community aspect of it. I have played quite a few different CCGs that have gone offline and if that happened to Eternal I would be shocked because it felt so lively when I played.

    What happened? What is the overall state of the game, from those of you playing daily?

    submitted by /u/RelinquishedTCG
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment