• Breaking News

    Monday, November 18, 2019

    Eternal Card Game [1.47, Throne Master Nov'19] The Witching Hour, Flame of Xulta ed.

    Eternal Card Game [1.47, Throne Master Nov'19] The Witching Hour, Flame of Xulta ed.


    [1.47, Throne Master Nov'19] The Witching Hour, Flame of Xulta ed.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:24 AM PST

    Warcry link

    Reached master in throne while my list was (imo) not yet as good. I'm enjoying it a lot and looking for feedback from more experienced pilots and deck builders. That being said, it's not an aggro deck and I'm not considering including grenadin specific synergies (anymore).

    submitted by /u/Lulero
    [link] [comments]

    yesterdays twitch drops while watching ECQ gave me a draft ticket but I never got it ingame

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 04:37 AM PST

    was watching the ECQ yesterday and I got notified about a twitch drop saying I got a "draft ticket", opened the game but I never received it on my account.
    what's going on? so far I've gotten all the twitch drops ingame without a problem.

    EDIT: I got my draft ticket just now

    submitted by /u/DropHack
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player - Throne vs. Expedition?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PST

    Hi! I was heavily into Eternal during the Beta up until a couple sets in. I think shortly after The Dusk Road release was the last time I played much.

    I have pretty much all of the competitive staples (from the time at least) from the first three sets and the first two campaigns.

    Now I'm trying to figure out if its worth crafting cards from later sets to upgrade my decks for Throne, or if I'm better just focusing on Expedition even though I don't have as much of a card pool to start with there. Is Expedition more popular now competitively? I'd want to focus my resources on whichever format was more popular.

    If throne is still popular for competitive/ranked play, are old archetypes such as Stonescar Bandit Queen, Elysian/Combrei Ramp, Rakano Pants (Equipment), Xenan Dawnwalker/Void reanimator, or TJP Armory still viable starting points for upgrading with new cards? Or has the metagame shifted enough that my old decks wouldn't really be worth trying to update?

    submitted by /u/Tehdougler
    [link] [comments]

    ECQ: The Time of Ancestors Decklists

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:57 PM PST

    See the top 16 from this weekend's first Eternal Championship Qualifier!

    Decklists

    submitted by /u/DireWolfDigital
    [link] [comments]

    Expedition - Diamond II to Masters with Aggro Combrei Deck

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:50 PM PST

    I don't have a good collection of the new legendaries, so I created a combrei deck built around Hero of the People and exalted. It's fairly budget friendly with only 3 legendaries and performed well against Xenan and Elysian. I didn't have many games against Oni and Hooru, but I was able to win some games with crazy Heroes, or unblockable burst damage from Xulta Loyalists.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/3_A1Qsw-OIg/hero-of-expedition

    submitted by /u/sirtroymoon
    [link] [comments]

    Lingnoi_401's Grodov High cost unit

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 05:29 AM PST

    Here is my deck

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/FZ-RZQdL80g/lingnoi-401s-grodov-high-cost-unit

    At first sight I think you might think"Are you crazy? Why have many searching card in my deck ?"

    The Reason is because we need many power to run this deck

    that why I'm put many searching card in my deck

    The gameplay is just search for power,draw a card,and reach power atleast 7 as fast as possible

    at this time,you must protect yourself before your power reach 5 and can use mass removal

    Amber Acolyte,Eager Offering and Pearl Abbey Smuggler work as blocker also,search and draw engine too.

    When you have power 5 with 3 time influence and have Worldbearer Behemoth in your hand,play it.

    It can help you to ramp power and his body is big enough to block unit and relic weapon

    Also you can cast The Great Parliament at turn 4 to prevent yourself too.

    After you has power at least 7,this is the time play high cost unit like Icaria,Vodakhan.

    Even Vodakhan has no other abality to attack opponent directly,but it works as deck thinner and ramp to

    (I warm you one think if Vodakhan ,you must think before play Kairos. I can make your deck have no card after draw it and you will lose the game)

    I think you have some question about some card.

    Q:Why am I use Call for Aid ,instead Ancient Lore ?

    A:Even Ancient Lore make you draw 2 card ,but the reason that I use Call for Aid because It add power too;That is very important in this deck

    Q:Why I use Seek Answer,not Awaken the Ages?

    A:Even Awaken the Ages is directly ramp card ,but It will shows potential when you have power for amplifly it ,that is when you have power 6.You must wait for it

    But about Seek Answer,even it search random power,but it can be dual-power that is important for this deck(I think you might notice high cost unit require at least 3 influence.)

    Also,after you have enough power and draw it,you can use search random card instead

    Hope you have fun with my deck

    My previous built

    Lingnoi_401's Grenadin featuring Tasbu

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/yzWqMfMBQSY/lingnoi-401s-grenadin-featuring-tasbu

    Lingnoi_401's Hooru curse

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/Bh2D8QfF_Sc/lingnoi-401s-hooru-curse

    Lingnoi_401's Xenan Midrange

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/sm0AAeQQThc/lingnoi-401s-xenan-midrange

    submitted by /u/lingnoi_401
    [link] [comments]

    ECQ: The Time of Ancestors - we have a winner!

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:26 PM PST

    Congratulations to BruisedByGod, the winner of ECQ: The Time of Ancestors!

    Thanks to all our participants. Join the 2nd ECQ on 12/13 for your chance at the next invite! Or, check out our weekend QCP series for another way to qualify.

    QCP

    submitted by /u/DireWolfDigital
    [link] [comments]

    Content Creator Showdown EP6

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:27 PM PST

    Content Creator Showdown EP6

    https://preview.redd.it/1p4nwhoniiz31.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=12b5b0c0fa13e57ea78c8ccc6e0cdf274c9981a3

    On episode 6 of the Content Creator Showdown we have the veteran Eternal Card Game strategist that JUST top 8'd the ECQ Sunyveil battling it out against the limited powerhouse and 1/3 of the Farming Eternal Podcast BGrasher! One deck is straight value town while the other is designed to beat the most popular pauper decks. Who will reign victorious? Will deck composition or top level game play seize the day? Tune in and find out! As always make sure to follow, like, and share these great content creators so we can continue to grow our amazing community!

    https://youtu.be/W9UJqLA0wFE

    Jedi brings several of the best content creators and influencers for the Eternal Card Game made by Direwolf Digital and has them battle it out for your enjoyment! Meet know content creators, follow them, support them, consume there content and share this fantastic game we all enjoy with your friends! This first season has the below mentioned influencers competing in a Pauper Tournament, which means they are building decks with only commons! See what kind of fun decks they brew and how well they pilot them!

    You can follow me:

    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | Discord

    submitted by /u/Jedi_EJ
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling the sealed league blues

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:59 AM PST

    I have this amazing sky crag deck, but I just had a series of very unlucky games. I went from 8-3 to 8-8 with 5 losses in a row. Some games my opponents "comboed" off by turn 3 where I was dead without hard removal. One game I lost while I had answers in hand all game but couldn't cast them because I need 1 more power that I just wasn't getting. Others games I was stuck on 2 power. Hitting a chunk of unpreventable losses really sucks. I know sealed is super swingy, but it still hurts losing with a deck you know should be doing very well. Anyone else feel the blues?

    submitted by /u/alblaster
    [link] [comments]

    Made triple masters, may my soul finally find peace

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 05:50 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/ZI5864q

    Throne and draft have been really enjoyable this chapter. My goal was to reach top 100 in everything but that grind through expedition was one of the most unfun slogs I've ever had to sit through so screw that. If I wasn't neurotic and stubborn I would've given up already. I'd probably still be sitting in diamond 2 had I not just gone on a ridiculously lucky 8 game winning streak with Bardeane's budget elysian deck. Hopefully the upcoming additions change up the meta, because I'm not jumping back into those cultist infested waters otherwise.

    submitted by /u/-LumiNate-
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Sealed League, can't decide on best faction / cards.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:03 AM PST

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/EkGkmLj-Lps/tehfredericks-sealed-league-pool

    I feel like my best bet is Stonescar, given the spells in the two as well as the two legendary cards I have for the colors. The two drops seem decent as well.

    Is Stonescar my best choice, or am I overlooking clutch cards and win conditions in the other factions? Should I splash another color?

    Is Voprex, Hopes End worth including? I'd really only have Teething Whelp and Marsh Dragon as other dragons, but an 8/8 flying with overwhelm seems a great way to close out games against limited removal.

    Edit: Incidentally does anyone know if Swear Vengance, which gives a unit revenge, works with Dramatic Exit, +4 attack, exalted and sacrifice a unit at the end of your turn? Seems like a fun combo to make a powerful unit to draw soon, on top of getting its stats on an additional unit.

    submitted by /u/TehFrederick
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth the shiftstone to craft an elysian or cultist deck for expedition now?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 08:33 PM PST

    Likewise, is it worth to craft praxis ramp deck for throne now or wait for next update/season? I'm not sure when expedition or throne will reset so any info on dates is welcome and will save me from wasting my resources. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/raging_peenoise
    [link] [comments]

    Congratulations to "Manwhamtman" for the strong finish.

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 03:53 PM PST

    ECQ: The Time of Ancestors - Expedition - November 16, 2019 | Eternal Warcry

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:21 PM PST

    Draw a card when playing a power? What other ideas do you have?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 10:34 AM PST

    Hi,

    I play Eternal since a year and a half, coming from Hearthstone. I went back to Hearthstone a couple weeks ago. Figured I'd play a few regular games for fun, see what changed, etc. I never expected to feel such a relief, not having to deal with Sigils and power sources. +1 mana each turn... I didn't even have to worry about this 9-cost card, being uncertain to play it.

    Big contrast, compared to that 3rd mulligan starting hand I had in Eternal, that contained 3 Svetyas (8-power) I never got to play.

    Now, I'm not here to bash Eternal, I love that game. That's why I'm here, to discuss with like-minded people to make our favorite game better.

    I think the power aspect of the game brings in interesting challenges. BUT... It also brings issues of its own: Power screws and power floods. I know what is variance and I know it has to happen. Pledge helps a bit. Transmutes,, scout, etc. They all help. But they don't get us rid of the annoyance of screws/floods.

    Here's something I noticed, that didn't come up to my mind before. Let's say you play 10 turns in a Hearthstone game, or any other game that has auto-mana. You'll basically draw 10 non-power cards. (Not counting cards that make you draw cards, obviously)

    In Eternal, in 10 turns, you're gonna draw X power cards and 10-X non-power cards. For instance, you might draw 5 or 6 or 7 actual cards out of your 10 draws, that are not power cards. That's way less relevant draws than in a game with no power cards, right? (Again, not counting cards that make you draw cards, obviously)

    But in Eternal, you start with a 7 cards hand... Okay, but still.

    What if when you play a power source, you immediately draw another card? In those hypothetical 10 turns, you'd get closer to ~10 relevant draws, while still drawing the same amount of powers. Additionally, more draws = more powers. And since you'd draw a card when playing a power, then more power = more draws. Would that be too much? Just an idea...

    I'm sure there are at least a few clever, non game-breaking ways to fix things, or make them overall better. I don't feel like that would screw up the game, but I'm no CCG expert. Just a player who tries to contribute to the conversation and maybe help make this game more enjoyable for everyone.

    Thanks for reading this, hope we can make a difference.

    See ya! :)

    submitted by /u/_Num7
    [link] [comments]

    Twitch Draft ticket not showing in game & non-FoX pack guaranteed legendary over?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:36 PM PST

    Twitch Draft ticket not showing in game & non-FoX pack guaranteed legendary over?

    Had these pop up during the streams today

    https://preview.redd.it/sln090w0bcz31.png?width=374&format=png&auto=webp&s=49e116fd7daccd1cc8d986d10dae4a4214a18911

    Noticed I didn't get the draft ticket at first, but upon inspection the 2 packs I opened neither had legendaries. Has the promo ended? Will the draft ticket turn up at a later date?

    submitted by /u/MorallyGreybeard
    [link] [comments]

    "There can be only one"

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 04:35 PM PST

    Is crownwatch paladin the strongest card in game?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:03 AM PST

    If Champion of Fury & Snowcrust yeti were too strong, Crownwatch is right there with those cards in strength.

    submitted by /u/T3nt4c135
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys create multiple decks?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 07:17 PM PST

    I have been able to create only 2-3 good decks in one year of playing. I play fairly regularly and I do drop money on campaigns. But because of packs give you only one rare or better card (which I still don't understand why), I don't have enough shiftstone to build more decks. Turns out Eternal might not be as generous as we might think. How do you guys deal with this?

    Update 1:

    Alright let's do some math. For an average new player who does dailies and draft:

    Dailies: 100 per pack. 3000 shiftstone/month

    Quests: 1/per day. 30/month. Let's say 50% of these quests(which I feel is overly generous) gave you a golden chest. So, 15 chests = 1500 shiftstone

    Gold accumulated: 50% golden chests (which give 500 gold) = 7500 gold, 15*2 silver chests = 15*2*225 = 6750. Total gold = 1425014k ~= 3 draft runs where we rare draft, getting 15 rares total = 15*200 = 3000 shiftstone

    Total shiftstone from this process: 7500 shiftstone. Let's be generous again and double it. So 15000 shiftstone.

    Now, let's look at the top 3 expedition decks(because thrones is usually more expensive for newer players and this gap will increase further with release of more sets) from Meta Monday:

    1. Elysian: 34k
    2. Xenan: 60k
    3. Stonescar: 52k

    You can continue, other decks cost around the same. But this is the point I'm trying to make. Even when being generous with shiftstone earned, we need 2 months to get a decent deck. I rest my case. Also, before people start pointing out stupid mistakes, this math is approximate but yes, you'll earn around the same amount (you won't, I'm being generous)

    Update 2:

    Thank you to all the commenters who are actually willing to discuss about this and not just raising pitchforks. No, I don't want to play budget decks. No, I don't want to play "meme" decks. Yes, I'm willing to pay for campaigns.

    I came. I said my piece. Now I rest. Whatever DWD does with this is up to them.

    submitted by /u/python_souls
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment