• Breaking News

    Monday, March 9, 2020

    Eternal Card Game DWD Design Philosophy?

    Eternal Card Game DWD Design Philosophy?


    DWD Design Philosophy?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Has DWD ever stated their design philosophy that they use to do balance?

    I looked at some of their previous balance changes notes and looked for some common ideas that popped up:

    11/27:

    Cards we would like to show up more / fun powerful endgame plan / fire had climbed upwards more than we would like / bogging game down / too efficient / high rate / fun options that reward synergy

    12/4:

    Opening up so that throne would feel new / feeling of sameness / suppressing effect on aggro / other options have gotten little time in the spotlight / too efficient

    1/6:

    Too efficient / want to slow it down / reduce part of multi-spell turn

    2/27:

    Slow it down / too effective against larger units / hard to answer efficiently / promoted all in pattern / too resilient against countermeasures / too efficient / limited which units were seeing play / too much for the format

    Market:

    Too much consistency / repetitive access / repetitive gameplay / too narrow experience

    So taking this and other previous statements it seems like the big goals are:

    • Something being too efficient is bad, particularly removal
    • Consistency is bad (see next point)
    • DWD wants to see a wide variety of cards used at every cost point
    • They want aggro to be at least somewhat viable, but that larger units (since we shouldn't have efficient removal) should be able to slow it down
    • The 5 factions should be reasonably balanced in terms of usage
    • Repetitive game states should be avoided (related to consistency)

    When you look at this a lot of things start to make sense. The market choice makes sense. Also the rising of RNG decks with power (AP Unseen) and adding more RNG cards to Expedition (Crown and the Crown Unit).

    Also the most guilty deck of repetitive game states - Reanimator - which also always performed well at tournaments, was severely nerfed.

    I'm curious if they have made any other statements about what their goals are or where they want the game to go. It seems that they want people to play mid-range decks and that there isn't a definitive "best" top end (Icaria, HotV, etc..).

    submitted by /u/ChaatedEternal
    [link] [comments]

    This can't possibly adversely affect the player base, right?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    Eternal Highlights #153 - Anti-nuclear Bunker

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Shoutout to u/Calebovitsch for making an awesome draft guide and helping me get to my first 7-win draft ever

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    quick question on refund

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Soooo, I'm a new player and wanted to try a self-made deck (which will probably fail hard)...

    One of the cards i wanted to use is auralian merchant and i know that tomorrow it would get 100% refund if i disenchant it, so i'm wondering if it's worth to give it a try "for free" but for how many days after the nerf can i refund it for 100% shifting stones cost?

    submitted by /u/whiskey_the_spider
    [link] [comments]

    Yeti Agrro Advice?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm working on tuning my Yeti aggro deck and just wanted some advice on cuts / additions ?

    I've been eyeing Crunch for a while and wonder if you guys would suggest adding him to get some extra card draw?

    Decklist

    ** I'll be adding a 4th Masterwork once I get the shift stone

    submitted by /u/jtruhamchuk
    [link] [comments]

    Elysian Wisdom theme deck: How can a new player make it better (using common and uncommon cards) (mostly for gauntlet) ?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I wanted to swap out the Yeti, but it seems like all low cost echo unit cards are rare. I liked the clockroach but it is also rare. Are there any common uncommon cards I can swap out?

    Feel free to discuss/suggest rares too, would be good to know what cards are good.

    submitted by /u/intotheirishole
    [link] [comments]

    Need help not receiving any confirmation or password reset emails.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    I downloaded Eternal on Steam. I logged in initially with my steam account and did the first bit of the tutorial.

    I created an Eternal account skipped the remaining portion of the tutorial.

    However I never received any confirmation email and when I tried to login back in (also downloaded the android version) I received incorrect login error.

    I clicked the forgot password link to try and reset my password but have not received any reset emails.

    I emailed [eternal@direwolfdigital.com](mailto:eternal@direwolfdigital.com) looking for assistance but again have not received any replies.

    Are any direwolf staff monitoring this reddit that can help me out I'm getting fairly frustrated at this point.

    submitted by /u/peterh1979
    [link] [comments]

    help me understand bargain

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    so, from what i read if i have a card with bargain i can either have it on market OR inside the deck (which should change tomorrow, then i will have the opportunity to have it BOTH in market and in deck). Now, considering that i want to place a draconic ire on my market only and i don't want to draw it from the deck...how do i do that? :< In deckbuilding, when click it, it auto-adds it on the main deck, then opens up the market, then if i add a copy on the market bu i remove it from the deck, it ALSO removes the copy from the market...did i understand the mechanic wrong or am i doing something wrong? :S

    Thanks for the answers!

    submitted by /u/whiskey_the_spider
    [link] [comments]

    Current state of control (in Throne and Expedition)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    As I do, I took a pretty long break from TCGs but I'm considering going back in, and Eternal is my favourite so I always start here. I stopped playing right around when the most recent set started getting spoilers.

    I'm a dedicated control player. The more removal in my deck, the better. I also love drawing cards and I don't mind if it takes me 30 min to win a match.

    Anyway I skimmed through this subreddit a little bit looking for info on the meta and I decided to just post the question straight up: how is control fairing right now, what does it look like, and is it likely to get better or worse soon? I'm down to play Throne or Expedition or preferably both, as long as I'm playing some good old fashioned control.

    I found the first March Meta Monday which showed the best control deck in either format to be Throne's Ixtun Control at the bottom of tier 2. But I know that MM isn't the end-all-be-all and good decks with low play rates can slip undetected.

    I also saw Salty's Moment of Creation FTJ brew and ngl, I love the look of it. I would probably need to spend some cash to get it together though so I need to be really sure its good.

    submitted by /u/14ierophant
    [link] [comments]

    Salty Brew - BULL$%@T XENAN STRANGERS [Expedition]

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Nerfs be like...

    Posted: 09 Mar 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    What card is this art from? (Explosive Finale achievement)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment