• Breaking News

    Monday, November 29, 2021

    Eternal Card Game Plunk, the Unstoppable

    Eternal Card Game Plunk, the Unstoppable


    Plunk, the Unstoppable

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 03:30 AM PST

    This is an absolute scorcher of a Gauntlet deck. I retuned my old Skycrag deck to make use of Plunk's card draw, and it's been demolishing Gauntlet. I just went on a 50+ win streak which kind of blows my mind, and the deck is super fast too. Most importantly (to me anyway) it feels very robust against bad draws, winning even on occasions when I drew nothing but power 5 cards in a row.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/Iu_rvWzVJM8/skycrag-aggro-featuring-plunk

    Screenshots with results from my last 20 games: https://imgur.com/a/Au6pybz

    submitted by /u/neonharvest
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Curiox, All-Seeing Bug Maybe?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 01:33 AM PST

    I was playing a game and sacrificed my Curiox, All-Seeing to Replication cell. On 2 of the following 3 turns I paid 4 to play a copy. Both times the text message that came up said that I could take debt of 0 to create a Dragon's Eye. It then charged me 2 debt the first turn and 5 debt the second. This number did not correspond to the number of cards in my hand.

    Anyone else see this? Is there something obvious I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Iamn0man
    [link] [comments]

    Why I love this game (and some humble suggestions to make it even better)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 12:24 PM PST

    This November has been the best month of Eternal ever for me. I've been playing for a little over a year now. My results have been the best ever too (masters in both Exp and Throne + top 500 league), but more importantly: I have had a lot of fun getting there.

    So, to give something back, I have decided to go on this (mostly unprepared) rant explaining why I think Eternal is the best CCG ever. (Disclaimer: I can only compare it to MtG which I have been playing for an unhealthy amount since 1995)

    1. Games are fast and intense.

    I think this is mostly because of the fantastic influence system and a pretty strict timer. It may be hard to imagine for some people how tapping your mana in MtG is sometimes game in itself. And how completely miserable you can be when you opponent decides to use their entire clock to spite you. Eternal does not have these problems and is so much better for it.

    I do worry though that it has become too easy to build multi-faction decks. Especially with all the power sources that are available now. There is no point in running a single faction deck in Throne anymore. I would love to see more Prism Golem type cards to incentivise people to go mono faction and increase deck diversity.

    2) Eternal has hit a sweet spot between being random and deterministic.

    75 card decks, 4 copies max + an optional 5 card in game market give you plenty of control as a deck builder plus plenty of excitement during your games. Constructed really does feel constructed. You can design a plan and, if you built and play well, execute it most of the time. In addition to this, the redraw system PLUS all the "flexible power increase options" (like pledge, plunder and inscribe) PLUS the "flexible power use options" (like amplify and contract) make it so that you can mitigate both power droughts and floods during the game. IF you build your deck correctly AND play correctly AND are not very unlucky. Yes, bad draws do still happen. They are rare, but they do happen. I believe this make the game better, not worse. In spite of the many salty "I wish this game was less random" post on this very forum, I truly believe this is a crucial aspect of the design. It really forces you to make some hard and exiting decisions both when designing your deck and while playing it.

    Having said this, I do would like to see 2 changes regarding randomness: a) nerf Evenhanded Golem. b) fix the first player advantage. Games should not be influence too much by the fact whether or not a player went first or whether or not they drew their EGH. An excellent suggestion was made by in this post https://www.reddit.com/r/EternalCardGame/comments/qkrubi/problem_being_on_the_play_is_overly_advantageous/ by IlyaK to give the player who is going second a Power Burst. I really love that idea and would like to see something like that implemented.

    3) Eternal has a fantastic community.

    It may not be the largest, but there a plenty of helpful players on this forum to help out newbies and returning players alike. I have seen some truly fantastic posts in the past couple of weeks. And I have benefitted from this myself as well when I asked for help to build my sealed deck, which was an absolute blast to play and will earn me a shiny new legendary soon.

    4) DWD listens to us

    From fast bug fixes to promoting Hero of the People to true Hero status, DWD truly listens to us and acts fast when reasonable requests are made. I really appreciate that. Plus the game just keeps getting better and better. There are always unbalances in new sets and nerfs will be made, but the latest set is the best I have ever experienced. Inscribe and Contract (though still occasionally buggy) have improved the game considerably. Drafts rewards are fantastic now. The Expedition Vault is a generous gift. And both Expedition and Throne seem very healthy formats right now.

    So thanks DWD, and thank you friendly Eternal players on this forum. My month was great, I hope yours was the same 😊

    On to the next one!

    submitted by /u/Competitive-Leopard2
    [link] [comments]

    UI bug/unintended consequence. I have out Ixtol, (AI) opponent blocks with multiple entomb units which die, I get at least one Crest off the Ixtol triggers, but I can't see the card I'm supposed to decide top or bottom. Happened multiple times in this game.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 11:54 PM PST

    DWD card-back.....how I long for thee.....

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 09:07 AM PST

    DWD card-back.....how I long for thee.....

    https://imgur.com/F102oip

    https://preview.redd.it/76rb5y0xcd281.jpg?width=2553&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=489f42a003aa88d30e1ccccd3b450a0736ce3877

    After not drawing any meaningful interaction for 6 turns after and lost this Draft game, I don't think we will ever be together, my love.

    My soul has been crushed ETERNAL-ly.

    Sincerely,

    Sad player in the UK.

    submitted by /u/Skyte87
    [link] [comments]

    Help with aggro?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 06:14 AM PST

    I have played a lot of MTG and Eternal, but I have never really played with aggro. I enjoy control or combo or midrange, but I don't really have a good understanding of how to design an aggro deck. I get the idea is to reduce your opponents health as fast as possible, but that's about it. I also lose to it a lot because of explosive top decks I'm not ready for or know when to sweep or wait. Thanks In advanced.

    submitted by /u/chaosjace6
    [link] [comments]

    Authoritarian Creation vs. Moon + Ulixa

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 09:14 AM PST

    Is a unit ability - especially one that deals damage - considered a spell? Authoritarian Creation renders my units invulnerable to damage from spells but Ulixa still killed them when moon was in place. Bug?

    submitted by /u/Mantarrochen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment