• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 26, 2019

    Eternal Card Game I wish the animations in this game were faster.

    Eternal Card Game I wish the animations in this game were faster.


    I wish the animations in this game were faster.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 11:42 AM PST

    Especially the fact that bigger units have longer attack animations is really annoying.

    Also the attack animations should be shorter if you attack with a lot of units at the same time.

    submitted by /u/V0X7
    [link] [comments]

    Announcing the Tuesday Night Eternal December Expedition Challenge on 12/3!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:38 AM PST

    Announcing the Tuesday Night Eternal December Expedition Challenge on 12/3!

    https://preview.redd.it/n2a1he5gg2141.png?width=1290&format=png&auto=webp&s=f1190a5ab16ca11da3d7e7640f3af3263b77cab6

    https://battlefy.com/tuesday-night-eternal/december-expedition-challenge/5ddd60cf064a2209b2577856/info?infoTab=details

    What will the balance changes (presumably) bring?! After an exciting fall season of Expedition with an ECQ and a number of QCPs - it's time to shake up the format. DWD will presumably be announcing balance changes to the Expedition format just in time for next week's Tuesday Expedition Challenge! Bring your spicy new brew and try it out against the best competition! This is also the last chance to earn a spot to the Holiday Invitational on 12/17! Join us at 8:30p Eastern on December 3rd and bring your best Expedition deck in a winner-take-all brawl. Tuesday, December 3 @ 8:30pm ET! Minimum 75 cards, markets legal, Flame of Xulta Expedition legality (see below).

    • Tuesday, December 3 @ 8:30p Eastern
    • 100% Free to Enter
    • Coverage at www.twitch.tv/telemokos begins at 8:15p Eastern with /u/telemokos and /u/mattyocre!
    • Minimum 75 card decks + legal markets
    • Maximum 4 copies of each non-sigil card in your deck
    • Decks must follow the Flame of Xulta Expedition legality (see official card list here)
    • Prize pool begins at $1 per player, will increase with any donations.
      • Donations are welcome at paypal.me/tuesdaynighteternal
      • All donations are welcome and will go directly to the pot
      • Winner-take-all, if 20+ competitors, runner-up will also receive $10
    • 4 rounds of swiss followed by top 4 playoff
    • Best-of-3 rounds, finals will be Best-of-5
    submitted by /u/Telemokos
    [link] [comments]

    Meta Monday: The final week of November.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:05 AM PST

    Farming Eternal Ep38: So Many Choices

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:24 AM PST

    Hey friends, we are back with episode 38 of the Farming Eternal podcast. Farming Eternal is a podcast specifically related to the draft format of Eternal. In Ep38 We have exciting news as we welcome HatsonLamps as the new co-host of the Podcast. In this episode, Patrick and Hats discuss everything you need to know about the 10 choice cards from the FoX set.

    If this is your first-time hearing about the podcast, you can send your 7-win deck lists by email to farmingeternal@gmail.com or post them in the discord. (link to join the discord is below). Thank you to all the players for submitting your decks this past week.

    Farming Eternal Ep38: https://soundcloud.com/farming-eternal/farming-eternal-ep38-so-many-choices

    Link to the 7-win deck lists_ https://bit.ly/2R3ERHB

    We also have a very active discord. Come join us, it's an awesome discord and we talk a lot of draft https://discordapp.com/invite/2Z2GxjQ

    Check out the website for statistics on the cards in the deck lists and links to the podcasts. http://farmingeternal.azurewebsites.net/

    submitted by /u/RavenDragon2016
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5 Vargo's Pelt

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:32 AM PST

    What exactly does this card do. Is the act of "summoning" a unit not transforming a card in your hand to a unit, or is a card in your hand that is a unit considered a unit while it's in your hand?

    It seems like it would be a card you would want in a transform deck but if you are just transforming units to other units would it ever activate in a situation like this?

    Are units still considered cards?

    submitted by /u/AngryBagOfDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Exalted is busted in limited

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:14 AM PST

    With less removal than constructed, on a decent board exatled too often makes the game one sided. Once someone sets up a unit with some abilities and exalted, it's very difficult to remove basically 2 big units one aftet the other. I wasn't playing mtg at the time, but this seems like modular only better. Modular only transfers stats. Exalted transfers stats and abilities. If your opponent has something with flying, lifelink, and exalted(which seems to be more common than I would like), then you have to deal with that and the next unit with flying, lifesteal, and exalted. I do see the appeal. It's a fun powerful mechanic. But in its current form it doesn't have a lot of counter play. Either it should get nerfed or add more incidental silencers. In sealed if my opponent has an early exalted unit that's usually game on the spot. I still try to win, but I just get swamped early and feel helpless.

    submitted by /u/alblaster
    [link] [comments]

    Dec 21st Tournament: Eye of Winter Classic IV

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 03:32 PM PST

    You thought you'd seen the last of us. You were wrong!

    The band is back together again for the fourth edition of the Eye of Winter Classic tournament!

    When: Saturday, Dec 21, 2019 – starting at 11am EST

    Structure: Swiss based on attendance, cut to same day Top 8. All games are best of three.

    Format: Expedition, with access to a 20 card sideboard after game 1. Your deck size must remain the same after sideboarding and your deck must remain legal for Expedition play. However, any number of cards can be freely exchanged between your main deck, market, and sideboard during sideboarding.

    I know, it's out there, even for us. We wanted to do something special that hasn't been done before, so we decided to do a "what if" scenario to see what a world with uncontrolled sideboarding would look like… with 20 cards, just to turn it up to 11. That's a lot of possibilities…

    Prizing: Since this tournament is just for fun, I'm putting up $100 for the winner... and of course a mousepad.

    If you'd like to donate some prizing, message me on Discord, Reddit, or Twitter. I'll do a proper split if we get some more prizes.

    Who's gonna be running it?

    If you played ETS in 2017 this will be throwback city. Sir Rhino and LightsOutAce are returning to lend their talents to the casting booth, while Rekenner returns from exile to run the tournament and MillerTool hides from his kids to broadcast the show. I myself will of course be on hand to be utterly useless.

    Registration for this event will open on Monday, December 16th after the Throne ECQ, so be sure to check back for more information at that time! Meanwhile, let us know how (un)excited you are for this classic (it's in the name) tourney!

    submitted by /u/aReNGeeEternal
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone here helps a new player with some questions?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:32 AM PST

    Hi everyone!
    I'm a new Eternal player and I'm liking it as it seems a good alternative to Magic (I really hate MTGA's politics + client existing only for PC). I have some question for you all, I hope someone can help me because I'm really confused about lot of things.
    The first question is: is there a place such as Magic's mtggoldfish/mtgtop8 where there are the meta breakdown decks? I don't know how the format looks like, if someone can find a way to explain this or posting a link to a specific website it would be awesome.
    Second question: what I should looking for when it comes to crafting? I'd love to build a combo deck (if there's any that's somehow playable like Tier 1 or 2), but I don't know how bans and nerfs works here; what I'd like to discover is if there's a way for making sure that cards I'm going to craft will be worthy no matter what, so I'd prefer to craft into format staples rather than random cards for a deck that may get the ban. I also don't mind play midrange, aggro or control as I have yet to find my own dimension in the game.
    Third question: what about gold? A friend of mine that has 1year+ experience told me that 25k for main quests are worthy as I can get some cards that are limited to the story mode and are not in packs/avaiable for crafting. Problem is that he's not a competitive player so I don't know if this fits my situation too.
    Fourth: I'm not a F2P at all, I like to spend money in games I play, but small sums like 5-10€ can get me somewhere? There's a 10€ bundle that comes with 500gems, and what it seems a.. promo deck? I don't know exactly but the question is if there's something I can do with money in order to getting closer to building a competitive deck.
    All I care rn is having a competitive deck, but I'm struggling finding 1. A deck; 2. Shards (or whatever their name is, the ones that let you craft cards and such).
    Any general advice is welcome, thanks you all for the reading ❤️

    submitted by /u/Memoishi
    [link] [comments]

    Bay Area Eternal Meetup Time/Date/Location!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:20 AM PST

    Hey everyone! Based on the feedback I received from people, the Bay Area Eternal meetup will be 6:00 pm on Sunday, December 1 at 31st Union (5 South Ellsworth, San Mateo, CA 94401). The backup plan is to meet at Rave Burger (144 E 3rd Ave San Mateo, CA 94401). Both are within walking distance of the San Mateo Caltrain. Plan is to get dinner then boba/drinks afterward!

    Please RSVP to [sunyveilontwitch@gmail.com](mailto:sunyveilontwitch@gmail.com) BY THURSDAY so that I can get a headcount for the reservation!!!

    If it's awesome, we'll try to do another one around New Years! See you there :D

    submitted by /u/Sunyveil
    [link] [comments]

    Pay to Compete

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:06 AM PST

    Special thanks to this week's sponsor, Butterball. Happy Thanksgiving!

    https://www.buzzsprout.com/261162/2168675-pay-to-compete

    Mark and I recap our less than spectacular ECQ: The Time of Ancestors runs. We can save you the thirty-minutes. We didn't win. Congrats to BruisedByGod who did win. Did Isomorphic join Team Misplay? No, we just used his deck.

    In this week's Mark Can't Possibly Disagree, we debate whether or not competitive Eternal has become pay to play. The crux of my (Jason's) argument is it wasn't like this last year. There are more pay to play weekend events and you need a ton more cards if you want to play Expedition and Throne.

    For example, and I don't go into this much on the show, at least the part that made the final cut, when there was only Ranked (no Expedition) and a new set was released, there wouldn't be many updates to your tier Ranked decks. You might have to craft one or two Legendaries to update your deck. With Expedition and a new set, you need way more Legendaries to make competitive decks in both formats.

    It's Magic Standard and Modern all over again and MTG Standard is truly a money grab. I see Expedition as being this.

    We also talk about Decimate and pick a new beef with yet another member of the Farming Eternal community.

    For more information:

    Patreon | Twitter | iTunes | Twitch | Discord

    submitted by /u/themisplay
    [link] [comments]

    [Masters] Argenport Valuetown

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:19 AM PST

    New Thanksgiving Casual Event: Gobble, Gobble!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 03:01 PM PST

    Should I upgrade my campaign, so I can dust those foil legionaries to craft card

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:33 AM PST

    Since I didnt play the game for almost 9 months and I m really low on stone, so I m thinking to upgrade a campaign, so I can dust all the foil to craft card that I need. Do you think it is a good idea to do it?

    submitted by /u/kwaninthehat
    [link] [comments]

    Did I miss a fix or is this a bug?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:23 AM PST

    Opponent just killed my guy to clear my board. With that he played baby vara and I had 1 power open with a torch in hand. It bypassed the window of letting me chose to sacrifice or not so I couldnt torch her. Is this new? or was it just a bug I should report?

    submitted by /u/Satanspogostick
    [link] [comments]

    Help to improve my deck

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:29 AM PST

    Here's the deck I came up with for expedition, I'm a new f2p player with around 13000 essence to craft. What should I add/remove/replace ? Thx

    4 Affliction (Set3 #202) 4 Permafrost (Set1 #193) 4 Seek Power (Set1 #408) 4 Conservatory Alchemist (Set7 #201) 4 Felrauk's Choice (Set7 #202) 4 Unkindness (Set7 #131) 4 Misery Walker (Set7 #192) 4 Skywalk Enforcer (Set3 #276) 4 Blood of Makkar (Set7 #141) 3 Forbidden-Rider Outcast (Set7 #193) 4 Mistrust (Set7 #85) 1 Tidal Forces (Set7 #112) 4 Kodosh Sees All (Set7 #89) 6 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126) 6 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187) 6 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249) 3 Seat of Order (Set0 #51) 3 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55) 3 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)

    submitted by /u/DWIPssbm
    [link] [comments]

    Draft stopped working for me

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:35 AM PST

    I started a draft run a few days ago, just drafted cards and made the deck, still no games... i opened up the game today and draft is signed as "unavaiable", am i the only one getting this issue? Also today the phone app stopped working completely and doesnt load (it had an update, the blocked, opened and closed a frw times, nothing changes)

    submitted by /u/shallaz
    [link] [comments]

    Instant Regret

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:51 PM PST

    When you spend a lot of Shiftstone on a deck you think would be fun and help you climb Expedition, only to find out how much garbage it is and can't climb silver. https://eternalwarcry.com/deck-builder?main=6-141:4;7-92:4;1-193:4;4-155:4;7-96:4;7-127:4;1-262:4;1-202:4;6-235:4;4-221:4;7-143:4;7-205:4;1-307:1;1-187:9;1-249:9;6-234:4;0-62:4;&market=7-123:1;5-117:1;4-220:1;1-272:1;7-108:1;

    I'm convinced. This game is P2W.

    submitted by /u/RagingDemon1430
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, I am fairly new to digital card games, I used to play yu gi oh duel links 2 years ago and had a lot of fun and wanted to start playing it again, but then some ppl told me to look at other card games such as mtg, Gwent and eternal, so idk which one to play rn. Could someone help me with this.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:06 PM PST

    Thoughts on making Shadowlands Guide a Mage?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:48 PM PST

    What the shittiwst theme deck with a legendary?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 09:08 PM PST

    I'm asking because I have some munnies saved up and I was looking to grab a theme deck and crush some insignificant legendaries/rares while keeping the decent cards. If this is a bad idea feel free to add that advice lol.

    submitted by /u/SHUTYOURDLCKHOLSTER
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment