• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    Eternal Card Game Perhaps I should play some draft next month?

    Eternal Card Game Perhaps I should play some draft next month?


    Perhaps I should play some draft next month?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:06 AM PST

    Perhaps I should play some draft next month?

    Have been collecting these for a while now. Half is from twitch drops and the other half from purchases. Don't normally enjoy draft, but I can always rare-draft I guess.

    Too many tickets...

    submitted by /u/TheDoomfarer
    [link] [comments]

    Turns out Kodosh Sees All is a Draft bomb if you have 4 of them...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:45 AM PST

    Top 16 at ECQ Time of Ancestors with Xenan Midrange: A Deck Tech

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:25 AM PST

    Combrei Event Deck

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:26 AM PST

    I know that figuring out the best decks for the Gobble event probably isn't too hard, but if you'd rather just upload a good deck while you recover from your tryptophan overdose, here's a simple Combrei Aggro deck that went 12-2 for me:

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/bu6ECwOR6pQ/combrei-gobble-event-deck

    Good luck!

    submitted by /u/Efertik
    [link] [comments]

    Endurance puzzle: master difficulty

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:08 PM PST

    How am I supposed to actually win in it? Also am I supposed to only have 7 out of 11 power at the start?

    submitted by /u/someonenamedtanny
    [link] [comments]

    Balance Changes Came?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:43 AM PST

    So we recently had a balance patch and I'm not sure I entirely agree with the strategy - I don't currently have anywhere to write for which is probably for the best so just going to put my steaming hot turd of a take here and see if anyone else is thinking on a similar wavelength.

    I'm not going to go over everything because I am indifferent to most of the changes just a few I respectfully disagree with.

    Disclaimer: I am not a competitive player, the last time I played at a tournament properly was like 2016 I'm just a content creator who plays a bunch of games.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I think changing Worthy Cause to slow speed would have been a more palatable change for me, still costing one so you have the cheap interaction that can be played in throne of a misers copy in the market but it was always the fast speed that lead to the biggest feel bad scenarios for me. Be it played in the middle of combat or responding to a removal spell. Worthy Cause being fast allowed it to take on too many roles and be too effective in a few too many scenarios.

    Next up I don't know how I feel about Slumbering Stone, I'm fully aware having different versions of cards in both formats would be even more confusing than the current expedition packs already are, and I'm fairly certain making quicker rotations of cards in throne could be super feel bad for new players who we as a community told to play expedition as an easy entry point.
    I'm not really on board with deleting cards in throne, though this hypothetical sacrifice inspire deck would be a hoot.
    I think this would have been a really hard decision for the design team.

    Edict of Shavka has been a card I've really enjoyed, it was perhaps a little too pushed to be able to be played maindeck but I'd have much preferred it be a fast 2 cost fast spell so you had an effective way to kill Icaria and honestly I always found it hitting sites to be the most tedious part. I think either gaining fast or losing the ability to hit sites would have been enough, especially as I've been in situations where the boosted version has been misunderstood and I have had opponents try to use it to deal 5 to a relic weapon.

    The worst part for me though, is the Invokers.

    Hitting Incarnus, Makkar's Listener really bit. I absolutely hate how Stonescar doesn't feel like it get anywhere close to a midrange archetype without being gutted for no reason. The move from 3/3 to 3/2 is fairly minor though it makes blocking the turn you play her more difficult and opens up many more spells that can deal with your threat.
    This is fine, but I'm not a fan of losing any investment to snowball + Howling Peak Smuggler.

    I'd have much preferred the other Invokers and Veteran Mercenary got buffed to be in line.
    In this instance all I'd like is for Veteran Mercenary to gain Invoke for whichever faction he would be hitting - I feel like this would be more on theme and could allow a deck to play Invokers and have a reason to be mono faction.

    I'd like to see a world where all the Invokers could see play, and perhaps the feel bad of Incarnus have upset players because their favourite factions basically don't have a version to play.
    For me, if I was going to change Incarnus, I would have started with the battle skill. Unblockable adds a really uninteractive part to your deck that whilst it is exciting that you can add tension by being able to attack sites removes a key aspect of the game - creature combat.
    I can see how changing this to Deadly or Lifesteal brings our parallels a little bit too close to Vara, Vengeance Seeker so something more in keeping with the faction like Quickdraw whilst giving Makkar Evangel unblockable to balance the asymmetry could also have some interesting constructed implications. (sorry drafters)

    I think that given how consistent our decks can be now with 8-12 merchants and multiple sources of scout and card selection that I'd like to see the Invokers see more play, they really fit into the consistency strategies we have now as they give you more cards to trade into the market, but also add a fun element that makes some really interesting games and reminding us that some bad cards are actually really interesting and a lot of heart went into designing them for somebody to play with.

    For buffing the remaining Invokers though, I would really like to see;

    Galai, Shavka's Listener become a 3/3, as this allows you a realistic chance of ever hitting the mastery - though to balance I'd alter that to 9 as well as having a threat in your fire decks that can reasonably tangle with sites, promoting the creature combat aspect that they push. I feel like they are far too fragile with the one point of toughness to the point where the second invoke instance may as well not be on the card, I feel like if the ability is unattainable then it is just noise.

    Ezuzi, Kodosh's Listener, is a difficult one they have double damage and are fetching you justice cards so it can be very easy to get them to go over the top and hit mastery in one turn but I think I'd like to see them get there. Having one toughness means its very unlikely you'll have an opportunity to block and if we remember my feelings on Rhysta we know I'm a huge fan of blocking. Maybe this could be another switch of ability, though having a 2/2 double damage Evangel could be really messy just to give us a 3/3 lifesteal.

    Blitrok, Linrei's Listener is actually really close, and I think should really be seeing more play as it is, the double mastery turn is really easy late game and she can pressure sites - albeit outside of creature combat.

    Woda, Grodov's Listener is a cool card but given the rest of times four drops is just really difficult to include in a deck, I tried this in a Xenan Killers list but Incarnus was just hands down better every time.

    My main difficulty is that I'd probably blanket stat change all of these units to be 3/3s, same as my solution would have been to make all the merchants 2/2s, so they can still tussle and put in some work but are slightly below rate for what you are getting..
    This is reductive and clearly the developers really want these cards to have different feelings, but I'd like to see a world where all of these Invokers can see play alongside the 5XXXXX cycle from the last set.

    I'm not a game developer and I'm not sure I could be as I'd have difficulty with tough decisions that would take peoples toys away, even if it was the right thing.

    Tell me what you think, I'm listening.

    submitted by /u/Thatresolves
    [link] [comments]

    Expedition Hooru, featuring Hooru Pacifier

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:32 PM PST

    I haven't seen a lot of people doing much with Hooru Pacifier since the update to Expedition, so I thought I'd post my list here, for anyone who wants to experiment with it themselves. There is more detail on the Eternalwarcry deck page about the card choices and match-ups.

    The list has a competitive chance against any of the other Expedition decks, though some of them require a fair measure of luck, and the deck definitely has some bad matchups. But it also has the tools to even up a few bad matchups, if you're lucky enough to get those tools at the right time.

    I've played probably close to 100 games with this concept (but with a handful of cards trading in and out along the way), and I feel like I'm still learning how to best utilize the tools at my disposal. Definitely some complex decision points when you're playing this list, which keeps it interesting.

    I took the deck from the bottom of Diamond III to the bottom of Diamond I in only 22 games (18-4), but then it bogged down when I started getting matched with the high masters players on my trek toward Masters, which was very streaky in both directions (win 4, lose 4, win 5, lose 4, etc.). But it did eventually get me there!

    Anyways, let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/TheScot650
    [link] [comments]

    How long does the window for uncrafting nerfed cards last?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:38 PM PST

    Because I'm thinking of crafting 4 ofs for some of them and uncrafting them later

    submitted by /u/eicler1
    [link] [comments]

    Salty Brews - Decimated Paladins

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:13 PM PST

    Dusting rebalanced cards not giving back original cost

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:51 PM PST

    With the new patch, some cards were changed. So I thought of destroying them to get back my shiftstone. But while checking my "Edict of Shavka", I see I'll get back only 10 shiftstone per card instead of 100 that was required to craft it. What gives?

    P.S: Even my Xulta Arcanum gives back only 800 shiftstone!

    submitted by /u/python_souls
    [link] [comments]

    Is 1 legendary not guaranteed in draft?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:42 AM PST

    I'm guessing not because I didn't get a legendary for this run.

    Edit: I guess I got lucky my first 5 drafts I drew exactly 1 legendary.

    submitted by /u/T3nt4c135
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment