• Breaking News

    Monday, May 31, 2021

    Eternal Card Game Salty Brew - Mark of Death

    Eternal Card Game Salty Brew - Mark of Death


    Salty Brew - Mark of Death

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Are we still complaining about dredge?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 01:12 PM PDT

    Expedition meta in masters:

    Valkyrie. Valkyrie. Valkyrie. Valkyrie. Oh, something else, oh no never mind, Valkyrie. Dredge, something different! Here we go, back to Valkyrie.

    submitted by /u/Dekula
    [link] [comments]

    Updated my community design card after feedback.

    Posted: 31 May 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Pivotal Moment question

    Posted: 31 May 2021 12:53 AM PDT

    I tried to make a deck around this card but when I wanted to do a big turn with Scattershot it just didn't work. What exactly is the problem? All of the other cards that have the same wording at least to my knowledge works with Scattershot so why not this one?

    As for the exact scenario I played the spell then played Scattershot and nothing happened. I had a permafrosted unit on board and they have a Tocas in play but I highly doubt that they were the cause.

    submitted by /u/deathseeker514
    [link] [comments]

    Combrei Genetrix/Suppressor aggro to hate out the current meta.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    Thank you DWD for printing a board wipe for mill decks

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    Fun game

    Edit: who seriously spends all day on this very small subreddit downvoting every post that appears?

    submitted by /u/LateNightCartunes
    [link] [comments]

    I think this will be my community design card once i get enough points.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    With regards to all the sour posts, I, for one, make it my own responsibility to keep the game fresh and exciting

    Posted: 30 May 2021 01:01 AM PDT

    Anyone got the promo Javan decklist?

    Posted: 30 May 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    I wanted to buy that promo for the avatar and the premium Javan, but I don't know what the promo decklist is - so I don't know if I already have them cards for the deck or not, I don't want to waste my gems buying cards I already own.

    submitted by /u/blekpenter92
    [link] [comments]

    Game causes video (codec?) to freeze.

    Posted: 30 May 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    I've noticed an issue now where the game will randomly freeze while in use for anywhere to 5-10 seconds. At first it was just an annoyance, but then I started to notice that it causes my videos in chrome to freeze as well. At no point is my RAM or GPU usage over 30% (32GB RAM, RTX 3060) and my processor is usually in the low 20% (i9).

    Wondering if we have any possible reason/resolution to this problem?

    submitted by /u/VexedOverlord
    [link] [comments]

    I uninstalled Eternal today

    Posted: 29 May 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    I've been playing since the beta. I've really liked the game and the interesting mechanics that you can't do on paper. I've spent close to $2k over the years. I usually hit Master in at least one field each month & can find a successful deck that lets me play how I like to. But since the last set, and especially with the release of the Revelations set, the game has become completely unfun for me. There are so many combo decks & ways to generate card/board advantages that most strategies can't interact with. The trigger on discard mechanic just pushes it over the edge. There's a $5k tournament coming up soon, and I have no interest in playing even though I have byes. I've decided to move on from the game. I hope they're able to move it in fun directions in the future for the rest of their fans. I've disabled notifications for this post. Good luck to the rest of you

    submitted by /u/ZeroChaos314
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to tweak forge, round 4.

    Posted: 29 May 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    For context, a little about myself. I have been playing Magic The Gathering(Mtg), the grandfather of collectible card games(Ccg), for over two decades. As much as I love the game, my skills remained mediocre, the fact that my crowning achievements include the like of a single Grand Prix Trial win and a Pro Tour Qualifier top 8 in my TWENTY-TWO years Mtg journey says as much. Due to real life commitments, I am currently a casual MTG player at best. I am also only able to play very casually. One thing hasn't changed, my love for limited formats never waned.

    As we know, Forge is pretty casual as it is a PVE format versus the AI, and being able to play and pause anytime is a great perk. So it's technically my favorite format in Eternal Ccg as it is both casual and flexible timing wise, wouldn't i be within the target audience for the format? Arguably so, but as i gathered countless sessions forging, i couldn't help but to become increasingly exasperated, despite the fact that this is my favorite way to play Eternal CCG and the notion that i seem to fit the exact demographic for the format. Am i bothered with the fact that even though i am a competent player, my gold stash went down by approximately 60,000 gold within days of hardcore forging? Slightly. I am more gutted by the various issues forge has, and the fact that it is a pale shadow of what it could have been. I am confident that with some modifications, this format could be a real gem for both newcomers and veterans alike.

    Issue 1 - The playing field versus the AI isn't even. ~~~~ Some decks are way too synergistic, almost at a constructed deck's level. Some of the worst offenders include Wump's party/Elvish raiders/The dragon's den/Amaran excavators/Otherworldly beings and Strange return.. Forge decks, unless one is fortunate enough during the card selection process, simply cannot compete well against these tribal decks with tons of synergy. But what about opposing decks that are non tribal? At Masters level, the likes of 'Walk Softly' are typically stacked with tons of rares and a few legendaries. A real tall order to beat both types of decks. It will be too simplistic to say that the AI opponents fold against combat tricks. That is assuming that decent combat tricks are even available for selection. On the topic of card selection...

    Secondly, the AI has access to some key cards that we don't. One example will be the cycle of transformative power. It's not particularly fun when the AI draws into a primal, i mean 4/4 flyer while i flip another basic power during a top deck war.

    Issue 2 - Unnecessary hand holding ~~~~ The fixed 15 power power system is designed with the intention of helping greenhorns learn and appreciate a limited format. But when it is enforced forever regardless of experience level, it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth, especially veterans'. If I drafted a deck with a 80% to 20% color ratio, I wouldn't be still stuck to a 7 to 6 power ratio.

    Issue 3 - As a paid format, it is still treated like a second class citizen. ~~~~ We can't use forge games for daily quest/daily win packs despite it being a paid format. Draft is also a paid format and can be used for quests. I find it more traumatic that No extra mulligan exists, I get that the lack of the extra mulligan is to prevent gauntlet, the other PVE format from becoming a free gold grind. But forge isn't free. Why is it under the same strait jacket?

    All in all, other than examining the issues of the format, what's the intention of the format? If it's meant to be an introduction to drafts, it's not working. Drafts are also unpopular. At the moment, Forge is just reduced to the format that everyone will clear till master upon the release of a new set, then set aside and never touched, much like a hot potato. But this potato holds so much promise if it's better prepared.

    Due to all these issues, for newbies, it may turn them off any limited format. For seasoned folks, continuous play is impossible. I am not saying that the format should be farmable and one can go infinite. But it doesn't seem to make sense that one can lose 60k gold with a decent overall record over a few days ( A mixture of 7-x, 3-5 wins and the odd 0-2 )

    Solutions. ~~~~ Tone down some of the decks with too much synergy. Let the card pool be even for both forgers and the Ai. Allow us to modify our power base. Allow us to clear our daily win/quests. (greedy, I know) . Allow the extra mulligan. Small rewards on a monthly basis for top forgers will be nice. A nice solution proposed by KevinJay21 is that we should be playing against decks that other players had forged. That sounds do-able and fair. A little like how we play against other drafted decks in draft mode, just that it's versus the A.I.

    To end this, let's look up the definition of the word 'forge' forge /fɔːdʒ/ verb make or shape (a metal object) by heating it in a fire or furnace and hammering it. create (something) strong, enduring, or successful.

    If we are to forge a powerful weapon against our foes, give us proper pieces of metal to work with. Sometimes I can batter my foes down with rusty swords. But every time my sword shatters versus their gem-encrusted platinum blade , a small piece of my soul dies. Save me and my fellow forgers, Dwd! Forge is smoldering rather than burning, reignite the flames!

    TLDR: Forge is great fun, it provides limited format playtime anytime, anywhere and it's pretty casual. But inherent problems are holding it back from being a true pillar of our game. I am hoping that some tweaks will allow it to truly arise from the ashes.

    Call to arms~~~

    Alright folks, for you people who agree with me and want DWD to take action, copy what's underneath and send it to DWD via the in game feedback.

    A petition to tweak forge. Problems -> The playing field versus the AI isn't even - Some of their decks are too synergistic and provide utterly unfair matchups -AI has cards such as transformative power, while we don't . We also don't need unnecessary hand-holding in the form of the Fixed power system (5-6-4) as it often leads to a sub-par power balance. Forge is a second class citizen despite it being a paid format -Forge games can't be used for quests -No new mulligan rule As a result, it's not as fun an experience as it can be.

    Suggested solutions Tone down some of the decks with too much synergy. Let the card pool be even for both forgers and the Ai. Allow us to modify our power base. Allow us to clear our daily win/quests. (greedy, I know) . Allow the extra mulligan. Small rewards on a monthly basis for top forgers will be nice. Perhaps we can let the A.I. use decks that other players had forge-d

    Chris Your resident forge aficionado

    submitted by /u/SingaporeanGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Dam Blowout Sale! Everything must go! (Expedition Decklist)

    Posted: 29 May 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    This is a deck built around Blow the Dam, using all of Stonescar's tricks to add random cards to the market. Your basic gameplan comes out in four steps.

    Step 1: Fetch Eccentric Officer from the market. There two routes for market access in this deck: Xumuc Coercion and Rust Grafter.

    Step 2: Abuse your market tools. Xumuc Coercion, Gentleman Jun D'Angolo, and a boosted Scrapmetal Fury can all boost your market size.

    Step 3: Stall like a mofo. Only pull from the market if not doing so would kill you (which is likely, tbh)

    Step 4: Blow the Dam, empty out the market, hopefully win.

    Decklist

    submitted by /u/JaxxisR
    [link] [comments]

    I am really getting sick of all the self discard and play from void non sense.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    I understand that it's pretty much the whole theme of this set, but i remember when discarding a card for a cost was meant to be a downsize and a way for the spell or unit to be cheaper. Now it really doesn't feel like a downsize any more. Maybe if these card gave them void bound when discarded, but that still won't stop a few cards like "Elding of the Final Hour". Not sure why that card didn't have it effect at SSSS instead of SS. Almost every other game i played against people are doing self discard in both exp and throne. I just refuse to play that kind of deck and anything shadow at this point unless it was requested by one of my patrons. I am really salty right now...

    Edit: also I'm sick of sling too. As well I want "Fall to ruins" to be a J or JS card. Mono shadow shouldn't have a aoe kill, but only a aoe -x/-x debuff. Aoe kill is Justice thing.

    submitted by /u/WhyISalty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment