• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 26, 2021

    Eternal Card Game Be brutally honest, is throne worth continuing?

    Eternal Card Game Be brutally honest, is throne worth continuing?


    Be brutally honest, is throne worth continuing?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2021 02:13 PM PST

    I haven't played eternal for 3+ years. I had 24 free packs on signing in and none of my saved decks have any market...

    Generally I enjoy eternal formats. I hate the constant rat race and "broken, not fixed" status of literally almost every standard format I've ever played in any TCG.

    Is it worth it to come back to eternal if basically my entire collection is dead for standard and I just want to play the legacy format for fun?

    I actually had some success with my saved decks and wallet warrior legendaries from 3 years ago. I just don't want to put a bunch of effort into the game if there's no people playing the format and it's really just standard+ some extra good cards.

    I've played a few games vs armory, rakano, justice big shit, and fire justice "plate", and fel mid-range that felt really like the "old" meta game. I enjoyed the random games where I didn't just get blown the fuck out by newer obvious "broken" interactions that just weren't a thing before. I am not counting that kinda thing against the game.

    I also played a homie who literally played a deck I had. Like every card he played I knew and we added each other and had a small thing going because we played forever ago. It was quite amazing even though he beat my ass when he was on royal agro and I was on cow-armory that drew bad. Was so great.

    submitted by /u/Parryandrepost
    [link] [comments]

    Time a little too weak in Cold Hunt?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2021 03:31 PM PST

    First off, Merry Christmas for those who celebrate!

    Now, onto the topic. I can't help but feel that Time got the very, very short end of the stick in Cold Hunt. Even the buffs they received in the December balance patch did not sure up their issues. If I had to take a guess, I'd wager that Cold Hunt was intended to be a low-medium power set. Even knowing that, Time seems in a tier of it's own in terms of being underpowered.

    This is certainly seen in the most recent Cold Hunt LCQ. Only 10 decks had Time, and in almost all of them, it represented a splash. There were only two Time units in the top 25 units, and one of them, Kehanya, is there mostly to counter Plunk. And that's just talking expedition: Time did get some okay options in Throne, but they're mostly in the form of roleplayers (like Trials and Tribulations and the newly buffed Torgov's Wares.)

    I think some of the intended pushed cards just didn't get enough. Here's a few that seems just too weak with some thoughts about potential tweaks that could help.

    Sive, Desert Herder: Sive just feels too small. I think this was to work with Revenge, but Revenge in general just feels out of place on her. It's even less meaningful in Expedition where fast damage and huge charge units zoom around long before Revenge can feel impactful. She feels like a Marisen's Disciple in a format without strong enough anthems (aka team buffs like Xenan Obelisk) and is also too restrictive to cast with triple Time influence. If I were to change her, at the very least I'd remove a Time influence, but I'd also change her stats and battle skills around into something more functional, like with Overwhelm.

    Evelina, Valley's Guardian: Much like Sive, I think Evelina is too small. Valor helps, but 3 toughness means she dies to torch. Even just putting her at 4/4 or 5/4 would do a lot for her, but as is she is too small for a world that already asks a lot of five drops to be playable.

    Expedition Gear: I think this was intended to be a staple, but it's too expensive for what it does. At 5 it might be viable, but at 6 it's just too slow for Expedition (and obviously for Throne as well.)

    I think the only decent mono-faction Time unit is Waystone Ignitor, but it feels more of a role-player that doesn't make the faction worth playing. It also has Sindain's Bracers, but currently there doesn't seem to be enough expensive payoffs to play it, especially now that relic removal is maindeckable. Time does have some decent multi-faction cards, but even those aren't a strong enough pull to play the faction in Expedition.

    As a final note, Time also doesn't have a lot of help in Expedition from the draft pack. There is very little viable interaction, very few decent power units (like Initiate of the Sands), and very few midrange and late-game options. All-in-all, the faction got very little, and some of it's intended go-wide strategies feel both too slow and ineffective against the flying and board-wipe strategies.

    What do you think? What would you do to help Time? What cards need the most support?

    edit: when I say "Mono Faction", I'm not implying that it is good only in a deck that is purely time. Rather, it's a time card that isn't multifaction.

    submitted by /u/BiiVii
    [link] [comments]

    Public service announcement

    Posted: 25 Dec 2021 06:51 PM PST

    If you're gonna start spamming "TIK TOK" everytime I spend 3 seconds to think about a play, I will be spending about 30 seconds a turn AFK doing a bit of cleaning. That is all, merry Christmas to everyone but the baffling amount of douche bags that have 0 social ability.

    submitted by /u/suckuponmysaltyballs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment