• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    Eternal Card Game Meta "Monday" - October Week 4

    Eternal Card Game Meta "Monday" - October Week 4


    Meta "Monday" - October Week 4

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    What beats all these unitless control decks?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    I picked the game back up after a couple years and sitting in bronze the last few days over half my games are against unitless control. Mostly blue-based that draw half their deck. I have a pretty sizable card collection and plenty of shiftstone to spend.

    submitted by /u/drewbagel423
    [link] [comments]

    Jedi Misplay Tricks

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    We discuss the triumphant return of organized play with u/Jedi_EJ from the Eternal Journey podcast.

    https://www.buzzsprout.com/261162/1952391-jedi-misplay-tricks

    Jedi has to be the hardest working content creator in Eternal. His weekly Eternal podcast is called Eternal Journey. He streams on Twitch at least three times a week. He has hundreds, literally hundreds of Eternal YouTube videos. He created the Content Creator Showdown to showcase other creators and he runs a weekly Cube Draft tournament for fun. It's like bro, go outside?

    Oh, he's also the nicest dude. He's so nice that we have to beep out his t***k yous. Seriously, count the number of times we censor him throughout the episode. I guarantee he's going to come on here and try it too. I hope the mods here censor him. In the second half of the show, we talk about the triumphant return to organized play. Mark and Jedi share their thoughts on the new Eternal landscape and try to explain how the ECQ points work to me.

    And the big Mark and Jedi Can't Possibly Disagree centered on roping your opponent. When can you rope your opponent? Mark says I can't, ever.

    For more information:

    Patreon | Twitter | iTunes | Twitch | Discord

    submitted by /u/themisplay
    [link] [comments]

    Am I really lucky, or is this apart of the match making algorithm?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:20 AM PDT

    Ok, so for the currently league I've managed to get 29 wins. When it comes to tiebreakers, I've been getting my ass handed to me pretty thoroughly. Is there a match making algorithm that explains this or I am I just lucky?

    submitted by /u/Blahface50
    [link] [comments]

    Nice popup, DWD, but...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:56 AM PDT

    FJS?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 02:47 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I left when Xo came out. Is FJS still viable? Can anyone recommend me a deck for FJS?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/wetkhajit
    [link] [comments]

    Profile Collection Percentages Logic Change?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    Last night I had 42% of a playset of FoX Legendaries, according to my Profile. Now, this morning I see that the Profile screen has an updated format, and that percentage has dropped to 39%. Are they maybe counting each version of Kairos as different cards now?

    submitted by /u/MrMattHarper
    [link] [comments]

    Budget Throne Decks to beat Praxis Ramp / FTJ Control?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:37 PM PDT

    I've been seeing more "game is dead I'm done" threads lately, and although they all complained about control for some reason (right as unitless practically disappeared, which made no sense to me), the actual complain seems to be "you can't build a good deck without a lot of legendaries." Which got me thinking that this is less about archetypes and more about the cost of two of the most popular decks right now - Praxis Ramp and FTJ Ramp/Control.

    For Praxis Ramp, you need some combination of most of the following: Teacher of Humility x4, Tocas x4, Sandstorm Titan x4, Worldbearer Behemoth x4, Heart of the Vault x4, Kairos x4. That's up to 24 legendaries. Worse than Jennev Peaks, yikes.

    FTJ Ramp/Control is a bit better, but you'll still want Heart of the Vault x4, Praxis Arcanum x4, Icaria x4, Xo x4, Kairos x1. That's 17 legendaries.

    Given the popularity of these two decks, and the snowball nature of ramp matches, it seems like a lot of players are feeling like they're being priced out of the ladder by "unbeatable" legendaries.

    I used to love the accessibility of Rakano Warhelm and Skycrag Aggro. But Rakano Warhelm has been dead for a while, and Skycrag Aggro has just taken a pretty big hit. And now the strongest budget Throne deck is... unitless???

    To be fair, Skycrag Aggro is still pretty playable, and Stonescar Aggro can make a comeback, but what are some of the other affordable Master viable decks that we can recommend to new F2Ps? Particularly ones that can beat the expensive ramp deck so they don't feel like they're being killed by credit cards?

    submitted by /u/rottenborough
    [link] [comments]

    Hold up. Lemme get them reading glasses ready.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    Just noticed the achievements for expedition

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    Where they always there? did anyone find any hidden ones?

    submitted by /u/littledragon9482
    [link] [comments]

    Praxis Ramp: Safe craft or flash in the pan?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    So Ive been looking at Praxis Ramp for a while. Im trying to decide if its better to just join the dark side or do I find something else because this deck is going to get nerfed to hell and back.

    Ive been playing a few different decks and for the life of me cant pull off any wins to try to advance on the ladder.

    submitted by /u/Satanspogostick
    [link] [comments]

    Tavrod and Destiny interaction

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:13 AM PDT

    Hey hello, I want to confirm some rule interaction because I couldn't find this after a quick google search.

    My deck was infested with Scorpion Traps due to an Amaran Stinger, and I have Tavrod, Auric Broker on my field. I swing and reveal a Vanquisher's Blade and, apparently, a Scorpion Trap. It triggered, opponent got his deadly scorpion blocker and killed Tavrod, I didn't draw an extra card as far as I can remember, and was very dead on the backswing.

    Now the thing is, nowhere does it say Tavrod draws the cards you don't pick? And I can't find anywhere that Destiny also triggers on discard from the deck. Was this supposed to happen?

    Edit: I didn't think of reading Scorpion Trap! I thought it would just work like Firebomb did. Thanks for the help, all.

    submitted by /u/ES_Kan
    [link] [comments]

    New Event: Trick or Treat

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Knock knock! It's time for a Halloween-themed rule and tricksy treats!

    Bring your best Throne decks and make 3 runs of 7 wins or 3 losses for the Event Leaderboard.

    Trick or Treat starts 10/31 and runs until 11/6.

    New Event: Trick or Treat

    submitted by /u/DireWolfDigital
    [link] [comments]

    First Masters in Expedition and Ranked

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    I started in July, but didn't really get into the game til August. Proud of myself this month!

    submitted by /u/busta_00
    [link] [comments]

    Expedition Dragon Toolbox

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    I opened a Den of Ordeals the other day and couldn't help but brew with it. After going 9-2 this evening and making it from around 250 to 200 in Expedition masters, all while having a blast, I figured I'd share my brew. The basic idea is to utilize Dragon Forge to run a main deck dragon toolbox while hoping to win with Den or just by smashing your opponents face with giant dragons. Hope you can have as much fun, and success, as I have with it.

    Eternal Warcry Link

    Text deck:

    4 Permafrost (Set1 #193)

    4 Teething Whelp (Set7 #8)

    4 Voprex's Choice (Set7 #168)

    4 Blight Pass Smuggler (Set6 #235)

    4 Dragon Forge (Set7 #12)

    4 Howling Peak Smuggler (Set5 #215)

    4 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)

    2 Cremate (Set7 #169)

    4 Fell Ritual (Set7 #143)

    4 Innate Conviction (Set6 #168)

    1 Raging Firemaw (Set6 #33)

    4 Eclipse Dragon (Set6 #35)

    1 Soulfire Drake (Set1 #47)

    1 Thunderstrike Dragon (Set1 #243)

    1 Kenna, Shaman of the Scale (Set4 #191)

    1 Voprex, the Great Ruin (Set1 #400)

    6 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)

    6 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)

    4 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)

    4 Seat of Chaos (Set0 #60)

    4 Seat of Cunning (Set0 #62)

    4 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)

    --------------MARKET---------------

    1 Draconic Ire (Set7 #11)

    1 Burn Them All (Set5 #218)

    1 Den of Ordeals (Set7 #208)

    1 Mistveil Drake (Set1 #242)

    1 Skycrag Insignia (Set7 #162)

    EDIT: formatting

    submitted by /u/trescenzi
    [link] [comments]

    Echo, Echo, Echo; aka I have no idea what I'm doing.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Deck version 2

    And as I said I have no idea what I'm doing and just took the deck the game coughed up for me. I tweaked it a bit as it had a few things that didn't seem to fit or saw something that looked better. However I'm still a complete noob to the game and can't really see what cards are valued/weighed as.

    The idea is to put out a few minions to either hold or buff my minions as I draw them. And buff 2 of them thanks to echo. Along with card draw to get the deck moving faster. Simple on paper, not sure how it works later on.

    Suggestions about this deck? What to scrap, keep, how much mana to drop?

    Edit: Thanks for the advise below guys, it's been helpful. I'm updated the deck in the link above to account for some of the changes but given I'm out of materials to make cards with, any more updates is probably going to be awhile.

    submitted by /u/JxAxS
    [link] [comments]

    Skywatch Zealot bug?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    A couple of times now my skywatch zealot dies without passing on a 0/3 weapon. In fact I've never had it happen. Is this a bug?

    submitted by /u/Tobian
    [link] [comments]

    ECL Clarification

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Okay so this is a more fleshed out post because I didnt really give much info on my eternal league as many have questions

    Okay so many have been asking questions, so I made this thread to explain. 1. League will be best of 3 conquest 1 ban 2. Casual means no prizes as this league is meant to be less try-hardy 3. I've mentioned no tier 1 decks but it seems that is impossible for me to do by myself 4. The league is structured as a Round robin season with playoffs 5. The league has 3 formats: throne ranked, expedition, and pauper, and each will get an even time in the league 6. The league will start Saturday November 9 and will start with throne ranked

    also since i know there are people wondering, there's gonna be only one match per week per player

    Thank you for your time and patience, Duocat

    P.S. I'm Sorry /u/The_Rocke for using the acronym

    submitted by /u/duocatisiankerr1
    [link] [comments]

    Numbing Cold

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    If I have 3 Numbing Colds on my opponent, and they play a spell, do they only lose 1 copy or do all trigger, meaning I've wasted the other 2?

    submitted by /u/chile125
    [link] [comments]

    This draft was fun

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment