• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 3, 2019

    Eternal Card Game I just started this week. Can I have advice with deckbuilding in general and this specific deck?

    Eternal Card Game I just started this week. Can I have advice with deckbuilding in general and this specific deck?


    I just started this week. Can I have advice with deckbuilding in general and this specific deck?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 07:01 AM PST

    I'm working on a tight budget of cards and resources, so I decided to hyper focus on one deck for now. The theme I'm going for is lifesteal, building to 50, then letting Nahid do the work for me. I've got a couple recurring problems:

    1) Bad unit draw - I frequently end up with nothing to play or defend

    2) I sometimes draw Nahid from my deck, negating her value.

    3) I think I have too many power cards but I'm not sure. I want to make sure I can play all the colors I have in the deck but I'm not sure how to tweak it.

    If I draw Nahid, is there a card that can put her back into my deck? Am I using power properly? Too much or too little? (I have a history of MtG and but am coming from Hearthstone, I haven't used power/land/mana in deckbuilding for years)

    I'm looking for general deckbuilding advice as well. Please help me not suck. I have all of the campaigns purchased but haven't finished them for the cards. So I'll have those soon if I need them.

    Edit: Here's my deck after following /u/Delanorix suggestion

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/8GqDYHsSqtY/vampire-knight

    submitted by /u/Tracaine2019
    [link] [comments]

    Throw back, Set 1 Cube Draft today!

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 07:55 AM PST

    Our weekly cube draft is going live here shortly and we will be doing a throw back draft! 5 packs of the original Set 1 Empty Throne limited format! Tune in to the live stream and draft the set with the rest of us on stream and then battle it out in a casual tournament for some historical fun!

    Join us today for a Throw Back Cube Draft of Set 1 in @EternalCardGame by @direwolfdigital at www.twitch.tv/jedi\_ej ... participate or spectate, you are always welcomed!

    submitted by /u/Jedi_EJ
    [link] [comments]

    Deck Check - Korovyat Paladin Mafia

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 07:39 AM PST

    Farming Eternal Ep35: FoXy Five Fase Follow-up

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 09:08 AM PST

    Hey friends, we are back with episode 35 of the Farming Eternal podcast. Farming Eternal is a podcast specifically related to the draft format of Eternal. In Ep35 Patrick and Ben discuss his Five phase theory and apply it to some set 7 cards. They also review a survey of top commons from the discord.

    If this is your first-time hearing about the podcast, you can send your 7-win deck lists to farmingeternal@gmail.com Thank you to all the players for submitting your decks this past week. You can also post your 7-win decks in our Discord.

    Farming Eternal Ep35: https://soundcloud.com/farming-eternal/farming-eternal-ep35

    Check out the website for links to the 7-win deck lists, statistics on the cards in the deck lists and links to the podcasts. http://farmingeternal.azurewebsites.net/

    We also have a very active discord. Come join us, it's an awesome discord and we talk a lot of draft https://discordapp.com/invite/2Z2GxjQ

    submitted by /u/RavenDragon2016
    [link] [comments]

    FtP Xbox player recently back for the Expedition update (I'm big on completing achievements). I just grinded out Master and had a 9-1 run at the end. Feels good.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 07:03 AM PST

    The best part is that this update came out on October 28th and I guess I didn't realize that the monthly reset affects Expedition, so I was at Diamond 1 when the reset happened on Nov 1. It was pretty demoralizing when I launched the game to see that I needed to grind my way back from Silver 1, which took me until this morning. It looks like I'm the second player to get to Master in Expedition this month. https://i.imgur.com/bTSdX4M.png

    I literally had no idea what the Expedition format was before the update dropped last Monday. I thought it was single player content like Gauntlet or Forge and since my focus is Xbox achievements, I never had to bother figuring it out what it was until the most recent update had achievements related to it.

    I started with a Red Green Oni deck that was often incredibly strong but generally inconsistent and may have gotten me to Master eventually, but I switched gears and crafted a Blue Yellow "boomer" deck (list found on eternalwayrcy) that seemed pretty popular. This deck was a lot more consistent and could handle a lot of threats that the Oni deck couldn't.

    It really feels like going first seems to give a huge advantage, especially with stuff that spirals out of control immediately with Jacks Knife (2/2 dragon, 1/1 Oni, 1/5 Oni, 2/3 colorless guy). Nothing feels worse than being put into an unwinnable position before taking your second or third turn.

    I finished the grind with a 9-1 run today: https://i.imgur.com/pkCoI1i.png

    I'm not nearly as hardcore with this game as most of you guys probably are, being FtP and only focusing on the xbox achievements, but I've had fun with it since I started in February and I'm always glad to see new achievements so that I have incentive to get back into the game.

    Apparently the Xbox achievement list is less involved than the in-game achievements: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Eternal/achievements?filter=1

    I can't imagine needing to go 7-0 in draft 50 times. Once was enough :)

    submitted by /u/vsully360
    [link] [comments]

    Let's Play Eternal Card Game | Vamp Plays

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 08:11 AM PST

    A casual player's experience of the expedition melee event

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 04:03 AM PST

    Hey, just want to share my experience of this weekend's expedition event. I'm a casual player who enjoys a competitive environment, before FoX came out, Hearthstone was my main game but now I've switched to Eternal, mainly because I love the new expedition format. Actually what I enjoy the most about Eternal is that the different format are all interesting and rewarding, except maybe for Gauntlet that I don't play so much... So getting back to the expedition melee event, I usually don't even bother entering those events that are more competitive, I never really know what deck to bring and don't perform very good but I decided to give this one a shot and boy it was a great experience! I only did one run but went 5-2 and got wins against isochron, justalazygamer and y0ttabyte playing elysian aggro. Mainly what I want to say is that I think expedition is a great format for casual players, it makes the competitive side of the game more accessible to us. Great job DWD!

    submitted by /u/Radjicka
    [link] [comments]

    Backlash Podcast Episode 31: What we would play this weekend

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 10:31 AM PST

    Welcome to this week's episode of the backlash Podcast! This week we primarily focus on this weekend's events and ladder anxiety. We hope you enjoy, and we will see you next week!

    iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/what-we-are-going-to-play-in-this-weeks-expedition/id1457585662?i=1000455700762

    Soundcloud: https://m.soundcloud.com/twittermagictim/what-we-are-going-to-play-in-this-weeks-expedition-tournament

    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5rCCk0okgIhDIvEHeowXVr

    submitted by /u/NotoriousGHP
    [link] [comments]

    Have a look at my Palimate

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 11:29 AM PST

    Im currently tinkering with a Paladin/Decimate deck and looking to improve. At Gold 3 in Standard experiments are fun!

    Here is the deck on eternalwarcry!

    Cards I wish I had more of: Crest of Vengeance x4 Cast Into Shadow x3 (maybe 4) Eloz's Elite x4 (obviously) Nivia x4

    The Reweave is in there to tutor eloz's Elite out since I feel it is a central piece to the strategy. Castable Aegis is there to protect it, Immortalize to bring it back if the former failed. The problem I have is (besides power screw, ugh) that I dont want to reweave my early 2 drops. The amount of early pressure I encountered made me reduce some 4-of spells so that I could fit Harsh Rules in.

    Do you have any suggestions as to improve the deck?

    submitted by /u/Mantarrochen
    [link] [comments]

    Halloween bundle on Switch?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 11:18 AM PST

    Is there any ETA on the Halloween avatar / playmat bundle on Switch?

    submitted by /u/xSlysoft
    [link] [comments]

    Eternal Journey 39 Builded a Sealed Deck w/ eMoney and Cizzle

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    Eternal Journey 39 Builded a Sealed Deck w/ eMoney and Cizzle

    https://youtu.be/xSeLsKTwTlw

    https://soundcloud.com/eternal-journey-476372610/eternal-journey-39-building-a-league-deck

    This week we have special guests Cizzle_Steam and eMoney_Bags from the Eric Experience to help us talk about building a Sealed Deck in the monthly Leagues! This is another limited format on Eternal by Direwolf Digital. We break down the deck building process the way these two Allstars do it and include our usual pack one pick one, what's the play, and a constructed corner with one of Cizzle's various Gauntlet decks!

    www.twitch.tv/emoney_bags

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/E7ABfjufsq0/podcast-sealed-pool

    Twitter, YouTube - EJthePodcast

    IG - CesarLaBare7

    Twitch.tv/Jedi_EJ

    Discord: https://discord.gg/hzakRbN

    [EJthePodcast@gmail.com](mailto:EJthePodcast@gmail.com)

    iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/eternal-journey/id1441261645

    SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/eternal-journey-476372610

    https://preview.redd.it/nhk3ksd71ew31.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=a1f296761897324bf85b8caca6d78b35fad2d28c

    submitted by /u/Jedi_EJ
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an easy way to export just new league cards opened each week?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 11:42 PM PDT

    When you get new cards in league, is there a way to quickly export just the new cards?

    Last month league the best I could do was to search for "new" and then click to add all copies of new league cards to the (temporarily empty) league deck. I somehow messed this up and missed a few cards though. So hoping there's a better way.

    Also, can you easily export all league cards so far without having to import a blank deck then manually add them all to a temporary deck first?

    submitted by /u/SmartJava
    [link] [comments]

    Please DWD, add these two features: "Destroy all Premium cards" and "View all Alternative Arts"

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    "Destroy all Premium cards" - this would be really nice for players who don't care about Premiums and want to destroy them alltogether (please, I can't be the only one).

    "View all Alternative Arts" - same as above: this would be great for players who want to destroy (alternative or original) copies of cards they already own.

    submitted by /u/Fanderay87
    [link] [comments]

    So is Expedition just Incarnus: the format?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 04:41 AM PST

    Quick vent to start things off: I just lost a control mirror, that I was winning by a landslide, going from 25 life to zero after my opponent yolo-discovered an Oblivion Spike after panic-wrathing the board for the third time that game. That was frustrating.

    More seriously though: I've played ~30 games of Expedition so far and I've yet to have a non-Shadow opponent. Incarnus just seems to be so absurdly good compared to the others in the cycle; not only does it have the best combination of stats and keywords, it's also in the faction that has Dark Return effects, so you can generate ways to return it and generate more cards etc. etc. etc.

    Is it a small sample size? I love how grindy the games are but I do feel that Incarnus is Eternal's equivalent of Oko atm.

    submitted by /u/Arcengal
    [link] [comments]

    Expedition Changes?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    My Oni expedition deck is no longer able to be played on expedition. Was there a change to the format that I missed in the last couple of days?

    submitted by /u/StaggerLee509
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment