• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 23, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Beginner/Returning Player Questions Thread - Early 2020 Edition

    Eternal Card Game Beginner/Returning Player Questions Thread - Early 2020 Edition


    Beginner/Returning Player Questions Thread - Early 2020 Edition

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:27 AM PST

    Welcome to the Eternal community! With the announcement of a new set release, Echoes of Eternity, we expect there are a lot of new or returning players who might have some questions about the game.

    This is the dedicated thread for any and all questions! If there's anything you're wondering about the game, please leave a comment below, and hopefully some other players can help you along.

    Other good new player resources:

    Returning player resources:

    submitted by /u/Alomba87
    [link] [comments]

    [EoE] The Strangers Return in Echoes of Eternity!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:11 PM PST

    FoX Draft Video

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:53 AM PST

    FoX Draft Video

    https://preview.redd.it/pr5caegarkc41.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=dcf683bbe268db56ec1a1acd5eca03d1126f0be1

    We are back with another Flame of Xulta draft video! This time we draft one of my favorite tri-factions in the form of Ixtun with a Stonesmelt Dragon as our top end. Will we be able to smelt peoples faces?

    Included in the video is the drafting process as well as the game play from all the subsequent games.

    https://youtu.be/W0gJjKKzggk

    Twitter - EJthePodcast YouTube - EternalJourney Twitch.tv/Jedi_EJ Discord: https://discord.gg/hzakRbN EJthePodcast@gmail.com iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/eternal-journey/id1441261645 SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/eternal-journey-476372610

    submitted by /u/Jedi_EJ
    [link] [comments]

    Eternal Highlights - Fighting on Two Fronts

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:02 AM PST

    Eternal Titans TJP Control Deck Tech (ECQ Echoes of Eternity Top 16)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:22 AM PST

    I'm relatively new - is there a way for me to get past card backs or avatars that aren't available in the shop?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 11:19 AM PST

    There's a lot of neat card backs I'd like to use. I've seen people with avatars I can't purchase too and not sure how they got them. Is there any way for me to catch up on cosmetics?

    submitted by /u/Tracaine2019
    [link] [comments]

    I am appreciating the variety in the Throne ladder right now

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:21 PM PST

    I have been bouncing around Diamond for a few days and I am seeing the most variety I can remember in my year plus of playing. Running into Crown of Possibilities quite a bit as well, which is always good to see in the wild. Not sure why it feels so different lately, but I am having fun!

    submitted by /u/Loud_Assumption
    [link] [comments]

    Varret Forms now have additional type.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 03:42 PM PST

    FECast Ep 13 ECQ Strange Lands Top 8 Discussion feat. Collecter, TheBoxer, and deedub

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:32 AM PST

    [League] Any suggestions for my league pool? I've been saving my games and have 35 to go. What does this look like to you guys? (EWC Link inside)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/upGxQkN5c8c/league-set-january-2020?view=list

    I can't find a decent build with this outside of a 3 color zoo aggro. I tried PJS for the Outcast Fortress Site and legendary weapon but I think I'm forcing it and it's not working. I want to go 2 color at most. I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

    If it's a choice, I'm a control player, building an aggro deck is hard because my mindset is to look for answers until I can OTK, not apply pressure but I'll take anything effective at this point.

    EDIT:

    I originally didn't upload all my card pool. I fixed that.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/gXqmiiocev0/tracaine-league-praxis?view=list

    That's the praxis deck I put together but no flying or tech against it is a huge problem. Point is, I'm trying, not just asking for people to do it for me.

    submitted by /u/Tracaine2019
    [link] [comments]

    34-6 in the Sealed League with Combrei Aggro

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    My best performance ever in the monthly league, my best result previously was 25-15. This deck was an absolute blast to play, very consistent even when I mulliganed to 6. Brushfang into Longhorn into Seasoned Drillmaster was just too backbreaking. Should be good for a top 10 finish by the end of the month!

    https://imgur.com/a/ZsEI1F5

    submitted by /u/CDDRodrigo
    [link] [comments]

    Let's discuss about an ideal power base for aggressive tribal decks.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:13 PM PST

    Hi all

    A little context about myself, i prefer pve modes so I spend a good amount of time in the likes of forge and gauntlet. In the past I felt that forge lovers like myself were unfairly gimped. Fixed power number, no factionless fixers and some ultra synergistic opponents in the way. Since then i am glad that there were some changes, for example we do see the likes of bannerman in forge nowadays. I imagine a good number of you folks aren't aware about these changes as forge is generally perceived as an early season do and dump kind of mode, which to me is a great pity. I love playing limited anytime anywhere, forge is just that.

    I am deviating a little, the main purpose of this little write up is to spur some discussion regarding dual faction power bases. I was pondering about these when I was tweaking the power bases of some gauntlet decks, namely aggressive Yeti and an Oni decks. I generally prefer to play 2 faction tribal decks filled with synergy as opposed to good stuff decks. It's just me. I was wondering if there's an optimal setup with regards to which power to choose. As the sets ramped up, so did our options and I imagine that it's a little overwhelming for the newer players.

    Here's my little analysis, feel free to chip in with what you guys think.

    Single factioned power sources.

    Good old plain sigils

    No decks can run without them, we do need a good number to ensure that our Seats will come into play undepleted. It's too easy to fill our power base with special power cards but there's always an opportunity cost.

    Emblems

    The elephant in the room, these cards seem designed for aggressive decks. Aggressive decks don't generally need more than 3-5 power and additional power drawn meant flooding and it often spelled their doom. To alleviate this issue, the emblems were created to ensure that aggressive decks didn't run out of steam as quickly. The 1 damage taken isn't significant as aggressive decks don't care about their life total.

    These cards are well received and seem to be jammed in most aggressive decks. They have also effectively ensured that the likes of monuments and coins see much lower rates of play. Perhaps monuments are better in slower, more midrangey decks who like to build their power base? Never seen the coins being played, other than Granite coin.

    I run 8 in all my aggressive tribal decks, never regretted.

    Coins

    Don't know too much about them. In theory due to the onslaught keyword, they are meant for aggressive decks. Seemed to be pushed out by emblems even though they don't have the same opportunity cost nor the same payout. My guess is that most aggressive decks play 25 power, the minimum and they really need to curve out. Hence having depleted power is too high a cost.

    I don't run any in my aggressive tribal decks.

    Monuments

    Monuments come in depleted but transforms into a creature once enough on board power is amassed. Always seemed decent but rarely played, is it due to the depletion or the fact that the creatures just aren't good?

    I don't run any in my aggressive tribal decks.

    Waystones

    They have been very popular for good reasons, other than potentially jeopardising one's seats, these come into play undepleted and offers a benefit if one is loyal enough to a faction to amass a 4th of it when it enters the play area. Not a high cost to pay for most 1-2 faction decks and they are popular for a reason. All 5 see lots of play, with Granite and Cobalt seeming most popular. Everyone loves trading a free Grenedin for a merchant's goods or some free face protection. The other 3 waystones, not so much.

    I run them from time to time,especially when I am not running seats.

    Standards

    Hugely popular when they came into the fray. Shugo, crownwatch and cabal being huge boons for aggressive decks. They function as the spell equivalent of monuments, offering a spell rather than a creature when one has amassed 5 power. They are not picky about one's devotion to any particular faction, they just want the number to be in place. I kind of perceive them as kins of my beloved emblems. Too many power? I am happy to draw either a creature or a spell.

    I do enjoy them in my tribal decks but sometimes it gets a bit tight to fulfill two faction requirements, especially when some of the power already come into play depleted.

    Dual faction sources

    Crests

    They seem ideal in slower decks and pretty bad in aggressive ones. Depletion really hurts, even though offering 2 factions and a scouting effect seem really good. Perhaps they are better in decks with 27+ power?

    I used to run them in 25 power decks but got hurt by depletion so frequently that I moved it out, i could be wrong.

    Banners

    On the surface, they seem custom made for aggressive decks, in reality half the time they come in depleted as lots of gauntlet opponents let their removal loose at every opportunity. That does mean that my bigger threats may stick but it also means that controlish opponents may have stabilised.

    I generally run this when i have fewer basic power and a low curve filled with 1 or 2 drop creatures. When i have more basic power, i prefer seats.

    Seats

    As discussed, they are really good with a good number of basic power, if not, the risk of depletion is high and frequently lethal for low curve aggro decks.

    I run them when i have 10 or more basic power in my decks.

    Insignia

    Much hyped, vaunted and fully justified. Auto 4 of in any 2 faction decks. No opportunity cost in gauntlet as no transformation generally takes place.

    4 of, not much to be said.

    Tokens

    They seem custom built for 2-3 faction decks in limited play. I have yet to see it in constructed formats. Most aggressive tribal decks are just 2 factions anyway.

    Not for constructed.

    Ancient manual

    It looks like another diplomatic seal but depletion really killed it.

    Not for constructed

    Diplomatic seal/Common causes

    I like to align them side by side for the sake of discussion. Both function really well early game, it's not hard to be the 1st, second or 3rd provider of a specific faction, neither is it hard to have 2 or more of a particular type of creature when one is tribal in nature.

    Later on, seal becomes a generic power while common cause will still provide a chosen color if enough creatures of the same type remain. But on the other hand, common cause won't work early game if the draws are clunky (for example, filled with spells and merchants), while seal will always work early.

    This pair is posing a conundrum for me as they seem so similar. Thoughts?

    So all in all, what kind of a power base do you guys propose for aggressive tribal decks such as Oni/Yetis for Gauntlet/Throne play?

    Chris

    submitted by /u/SingaporeanGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Which format is the "default"

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 09:06 PM PST

    I haven't played Eternal in quite some time. I believe the Dusk Road was the newest set last time I played. I played a draft yesterday, but I want to jump into constructed and I'm wondering which format is more popular, Throne or Expedition?

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_PIXEL_ART
    [link] [comments]

    I hope COWMANS gets revived...

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:00 AM PST

    From Omens of the past up to Dark Frontier (even though that COWMANS was not a real COWMANS, if you use the official term this abbreviation stands for), Neon did a great job of COWMANS. I just randomly remembered them, thinking about the new set, and how sad I felt when FoX dropped and there was NO COWMANS. So I hope it gets back this set. (If somebody knows why it was canceled and can tell me why, it's OK.)

    And for the people who don't know what COWMANS is/was: "Critic Of Western Movies for Authorizing New Sets". The one for Defiance: https://www.a-space-games.com/unforgiven

    submitted by /u/RedEternal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment