• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Meta Monday: January Week 2

    Eternal Card Game Meta Monday: January Week 2


    Meta Monday: January Week 2

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:25 AM PST

    when you're winning with spellcrag

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:34 PM PST

    Testing decks and brewing community.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

    Ello there, I have been lurking in this game and form for a while. But I'm looking to find a fun and polite group or people to test some deck ideas and overall play and enjoy eternal.

    Have had a bit of a hard time making friends and finding testing buddies.

    Anyway there my ask.

    I've just reached diamond 2&3 for exp and throne. Going for masters and building my collection.

    submitted by /u/2young2bwise
    [link] [comments]

    Epic Highlights - Math is for Millers

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:25 AM PST

    Control in ECG?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:17 PM PST

    Hey there :D

    I'm a newbie to ECG and very excited to get into this CCG. I am coming from MTGA, Hearthstone and Shadowverse. All the decks I pilot are usually control, absolutely love the the archetype. Which leads me to my question, is control actually a reliable thing in ECG? If so, anyone have a list I can have?

    Thank you so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/ValkyrieHeals
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought a large amount of gems - will you guys give me advice on spending them efficiently, as well correcting any glaring holes in my collection?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 07:54 AM PST

    I bought 7500 gems. I want to improve my play through a better collection. (I started the game in November) I'll link my collection but I haven't updated it since I finished creating all the common cards I didn't have this morning - and I destroyed all of my premiums.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/user/Tracaine/collection?Query=

    My next goal is to craft every uncommon I don't have x 4. Eventually I'd like to have a full collection of every card in the game. I want to focus on any legendaries I really NEED to have first though, plus crests. I've only got like...one crest.

    Regarding the gems, how can I get closer to that goal? Drafting only gets me cards from the recent sets, and that's great but I like to play throne and have access to everything. I know about rare drafting and how it's more profitable than boxes but in my situation (wanting old cards) is it better to buy boxes or just keep rare drafting and use the extra shiftstone and rewards I get from that?

    submitted by /u/Tracaine2019
    [link] [comments]

    Fresh Player (almost)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:55 AM PST

    Heres my history: My first dive into CCGs was Duelyst, as the traditional style didn't intrigue me and the grind of HS sounded, frankly, unbearable. Well, some of you probably know Duelyst is quite different and has much more dependency on positioning and holding a physical, chess board control, along with the card stats/keywords of normal CCGs. Its company soon abandoned it and it lost plenty of popularity.

    I've now turned to Eternal to satiate my strategy desires, finding it one of the better picks in terms of rng and grind ratio. My trouble is, despite an "okay" start at it a few months ago, they introduced the Market Place, Curses, Shift, and other debilitating forms of control/anti-rng that make it incredibly difficult for somebody who doesnt know where to start or what to do as a counter measure. All of my minions simply get trashed by control/curses/market place picks and I haven't much of a clue about how to build a surviving deck.

    Tl;dr

    How do I combat control such as market place, curse, and other forms?

    Do I have to succumb to using the current meta to actually beat the meta?

    How should deck building go?

    What should I REALLY know as a new player?

    submitted by /u/Bartallian
    [link] [comments]

    Deck Tier Lists?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:52 AM PST

    I'm a recently returned player after being away for about 1.5 years and I'm looking to get a grasp on the meta. I remember there used to be a deck tier list with stock lists for the top decks that was maintained. Does that still exist?

    Not looking to purely net deck :) but I feel like there is a lot to take in with so many new decks and cards - I don't even know all the cards that are out there.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheCatsMeow1022
    [link] [comments]

    Match-making gripes

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 05:42 AM PST

    Match-making gripes

    tl;dr Auto-losses to the #1 ranked player really suck when they cut your drafts short while you are just trying to make it out of gold.

    https://preview.redd.it/9f9f4qx30ra41.png?width=1502&format=png&auto=webp&s=ccdfe6487d6babd77b181fac922af1fcf4c3ab43

    When I started drafting Eternal, I made it to diamond pretty quickly, and I thought it was cool that the game thinks I can play with streamers and elite players. I got really frustrated though, when I was in diamond and enough of my matches were against masters players that I couldn't actually make it to masters. Still, it was less of a problem because the very top masters players didn't play due to fear of losing rank, so I always had a chance.

    They've improved the ranking system so the top players play a lot more, but it's created a huge problem for me. I lost twice to the #1 ranked player at the time, Cosimo. I had to face RavenDragon twice. LocoPojo ended one of my drafts. I don't actually know the names of many elite players, so there were very likely more. These players are completely out of my league. I am not on their level and never will be. I can't even make it out of gold facing this level of competition. Either my true MMR is actually on a gold/diamond level, and I shouldn't be facing the best players in the world this often, or my true MMR is actually pretty high and I should at least be able to make it to diamond or low masters. The current situation makes absolutely no sense to me.

    It isn't that bad in Expedition or Throne, but an auto-loss is a really big deal in draft. You can draft the best deck ever and easily get 2 quick losses due to power issues or the opponent getting a constructed draw. I had a 7 win draft that started 1-2. It would have been 1-3 if I'd faced Cosimo next. My next 7 win would very likely have been cut short by RavenDragon had she not drawn 12 power cards.

    There's no way I'm going to spend gems to draft when I'm losing one my three chances to an auto-loss. Obviously at some point I'm going to progress far enough to face this type of competition. I just want to be able to rank up before the beat-down commences. When you lose in draft, the fun stops completely. You can't play anymore. I want to have my fun for a few ranks before being slaughtered in offering to the draft gods.

    submitted by /u/Reprieve2112
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment