• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Played since dusk road, and this is the first time I hit rank 1 in an event. Pretty hyped.

    Eternal Card Game Played since dusk road, and this is the first time I hit rank 1 in an event. Pretty hyped.


    Played since dusk road, and this is the first time I hit rank 1 in an event. Pretty hyped.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Returning player looking for opinions on FP totemite decks in both expedition and throne

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:10 AM PST

    Thanks to generous celebration event, curiosity got the best of me, and I've come back to trying eternal again, having left quite a while ago. At the time, FTP mid and FJS mid were the top decks. Just when the smugglers were first introduced. I left before Sediti s was released. I remember checking the sub/game right around worlds and being happy I left when I did. I'm not a fan of degenerate value snowballing.

    So now that I've come back, I realize some of the decks I wanted to try have been nerfed, namely haunted highway. But I did like kennadins a lot. I even own the cards to build the deck. But what I really like is the expedition format. Something about the lower power level, playing with all new cards, with the many less auto include staples, good bye torch, hail storm, etc.

    So I was looking at eternal war cry and I see some top performances from a FP shell using Kato, Arena Herald, kindling carver, steam blast, mobilization, jekk, and edge of uprising. I really enjoy it. I'm naturally inclined towards these factions, and the deck does what I want my decks to do, control the game then tempo swing and blow the opponent up. I'm happy with the list I netdecked, from pleasing sky, but I'm wondering if the shell is transferable to a kenna/EoH build in Throne. I don't care if it's non viable, I mean if it's getting crushed every game I'll probably just stop playing the format, but I'm wondering why I couldn't find any decks listed on eternalwarcry trying to take advantage of the totemite/tribute interaction. Well, to be fair, I saw a few FPS deck's trying to do that, but completely slaughtering the power base, and I'm not sure for what benefit.

    I came up with the following list,

    4 Kindling Carver (Set8 #4)

    4 Permafrost (Set1 #193)

    3 Seek Power (Set1 #408)

    4 Torch (Set1 #8)

    4 Kato, Arena Herald (Set8 #7)

    4 Strategize (Set3 #165)

    3 Tota Pioneer (Set8 #10)

    4 Howling Peak Smuggler (Set5 #215)

    4 Mobilization (Set9 #126)

    4 Wisdom of the Elders (Set1 #218)

    4 Kenna, Uncontained (Set9 #189)

    4 End of Hostilities (Set4 #187)

    4 Kenna, Shaman of the Scale (Set4 #191)

    3 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)

    4 Granite Waystone (Set3 #1)

    2 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)

    4 Crest of Fury (Set3 #266)

    4 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)

    4 Skycrag Cylix (Set9 #187)

    4 Skycrag Insignia (Set7 #162)

    --------------MARKET---------------

    1 Combustion Cell (Set3 #7)

    1 Kaleb's Choice (Set2 #188)

    1 Hailstorm (Set1003 #11)

    1 Howling Peak (Set5 #219)

    1 Molot & Nakova (Set2 #199)

    And I just want some feedback on the decks I want to play. Obviously, if I get back into this game and stay into it after the celebration madness is over I'll be testing and altering it as I play. I think I really just want to discuss the decks with someone. Are they good? How do they fit into the meta? I know blightmoth, torrential downpour, hail storm and board clears can really throw a wrench into the decks game plans.

    Are there any card inclusions I should consider? I'm still learning all the cards in the format. Is the shadow splash worthwhile? I don't like inconsistent power bases, and I don't think combust, devour and shrine to karvest are worthwhile. Or am I missing something? Is control so prevalent that the shadow splash is mandatory? I haven't had trouble grinding them out, but I'm only in bronze.

    Is anyone publishing content still? I don't have time for twitch, but if there's a youtube video or article about these decks I could make time to watch/read them. Does anyone else play this stuff here? Can we share ideas? I think I'm just lonely.

    submitted by /u/RockstarCowboy1
    [link] [comments]

    Am I crazy or is Set 1 draft one of the worst formats of all time?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 11:32 AM PST

    I wasn't playing when it first came out so I don't have any memories of it, fond or otherwise, but after 4 runs so far it seems.... awful?

    Tons of insane bombs and an apparent total lack of removal besides Torch and Combust mean that the games are super snowbally and whoever stumbles first, loses.

    Am I way off base here? Is anyone actually enjoying this format besides as a change of pace from the previous one?

    submitted by /u/mysecretcardgameacct
    [link] [comments]

    How many Species decks are plausible?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:14 PM PST

    In terms of species, I mean like: Grenadin, Soldier, Radiant, etc.

    I noticed that some such as: Spiders, Bears, Yeti, & more don't have species specific benefit and/or lack enough of themselves to build a deck dedicated to them (for now).

    I've just been looking around at all the different Species specific decks I could make and was wondering if there's a list somewhere of all the current possibilities?

    submitted by /u/Asapps
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think Severin is a problem?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:07 AM PST

    I've been enjoying worldpyre Severiin lately, and although the deck does absolute nothing without the relic, once you got the engine rolling is very hard to lose.

    Do you think Severin is a problem? Do you think makin him odd would solve the issue so he cannot be paired with evenhanden golem or that wouldn't be enough?

    submitted by /u/Adjudika
    [link] [comments]

    Why is equalized blocked by Aegis if it affects you too?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:11 AM PST

    I belive it should work as Shen-ra speaks. You dont select targets, not it affects one player alone.

    submitted by /u/AngrathWaifuArtStyle
    [link] [comments]

    Why Stevya dont stop summons from sites agenda when it stop summons from units?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 06:34 AM PST

    OldIronNuts Casual Saturday Tourney: Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Every Saturday night King OIN holds a casual tournament on his Twitch stream. Tonight we will be running decks that contain at least 21 cards with the words nightmare, bat or wolf in the text in the main deck. As always, original brews are encouraged over net decks; nothing is at stake tonight but a good time!

    The stream starts at 9pm CDT and unless a lot of people show up early and ready to go, the tourney generally starts 1-2 hours after that. We have very long streams on Saturdays; at least 8 hours but usually 10 or even 12 hours. This means people from many time zones can drop in and play or watch and see if they get inspired to throw a deck together to play with us as long (or briefly) as they wish.

    These events are designed with special rules to make people think outside the meta and just have fun; there are no prizes other than bragging rights! Multiple champions can and often are declared when someone on the top of the heap has to leave the stream before it is over. So please do stop by OldIronNuts' Twitch stream tonight to watch our knights, lords and ladies battle it out, and if this sounds fun to you, all you have to do to enter is show up with a Throne deck that conforms to the above rules! We'll save a seat for you in the Great Hall!

    submitted by /u/Animus777Mundi
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play eternal on Amazon fire?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Aggro ftw!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Just went 9-1 on Yeti in throne at masters starting on 300 position. And I wasn't even used to playing the deck.

    Not sure where are the guys that claim yetis are easy to beat, but i couldn't find them. Possibly are all aggro players who don't want aggro nerfed.

    One guy had 2 hailstorms and a blightmoth and i still won.

    I guess the producers of eternal meant to make the game simple and easy. After all, I feel so superior after winning 90% of the time. Thanks!

    On a sidenote, the releasing of every card in the game is a great move. Got to try and brew new decks which I've always wanted to try. Hope we get something like this again!

    submitted by /u/AdeptnessAsleep
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment