• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 11, 2021

    Eternal Card Game Why I Stopped Playing Eternal

    Eternal Card Game Why I Stopped Playing Eternal


    Why I Stopped Playing Eternal

    Posted: 11 May 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    Background: I played Eternal from about July 2017 to February 2020. During that times it was pretty much always my main pastime. I played mostly on my 45 minute bus commute in the morning and evening, but also a bit in the evening. I absolutely adored playing the game and thinking about it. I consider myself a pretty good player (maybe like 90th percentile) and was often top 100 Masters, with a few top 64s in tournaments. I believe in paying for the things you enjoy and I spent about $530 on Eternal over those 2.5 years. I think I'm about the ideal customer of Eternal, while that money might seem like a lot to some, it's significantly less than I was paying to play a lot less MTG.

    Why I stopped playing: 1. I stopped having a commute because of COVID lockdowns. Since the main time I had to play was on my commute, not having one obviously hurt my ability to play. 2. I got burnout. Even before COVID hit, I was mostly just doing my daily challenges, play the league and calling it a day. I'd probably have come back from this if not for the other reasons 3. I got busy. I had a second kid this year and the amount of time I had to spend on games really decreased. This was extra hard on my Eternal playing because I hold myself to a pretty high standard and when I didn't have time to make Masters, I felt pretty disappointed, so I'd rather not play at all. 4. I need a social life. Despite having a nice community, Eternal is ultimately a fairly isolating game. There is no way to interact with you friends aside from a 75 card match. You can't play a draft with your friends, you can't play sealed with your friends (you kinda can simulate but it's a pain), you can't play your draft, forge, or league deck against your friends, and you can't play any of the alternative rule sets against your friends. There is no encouragement to engage with anyone in a social way, it would be awesome if you had a some number of rewards you could give to other players on a daily basis. I decided that with my limited time, and desperate need for a social life with the isolation of COVID lockdown, Eternal wasn't for me anymore.

    A couple reasons that aren't why I stopped: 1. The gameplay was still excellent when I left, and from the cards I've seen since I left still is. 2. I had no problem with the sense that the player base is waning. Honestly, I kinda don't care as long as the queues aren't too long and they can still make the game. Often, the more successful a game is the greedier it gets and there more crappy the community gets, so I was happy with Eternal staying small. 3. The price was as reasonable for me when I left as when I started, though I could see how it would be harder for a new player than when I started.

    I'm not sure how interesting this is to people, but I thought I'd post it so that people who are curious why players like me leave now know one set of reasons.

    submitted by /u/valahara
    [link] [comments]

    Bug Update: Game Crashes from Free Cards Should be Resolved

    Posted: 11 May 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    [Revelations] Rule the Skies

    Posted: 11 May 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Auto-concede when creating/duplicating card in deck

    Posted: 11 May 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    Hi.

    • I've been running multiple Gauntlet runs and the game just automatic gave me a forfeit multiple times.

    • This happens when I try to duplicate/create new cards in deck - like using Knucklebones or Deleph's Awakening.

    • This also happens when I intentionally delayed my final attack just to spite the AI - like maybe it only have 1 HP left but I ignored finishing it, next turn on my round I auto-concede.

    Bug with the new upcoming set drop or what?

    • PSA: Avoid using Burr-Spore Fern with Celestial Omen - lose by default.

    creating new/duplicate cards effects and amplify is broken right now. stick with other meta to avoid wasting time or ranks.

    submitted by /u/blekpenter92
    [link] [comments]

    Revenge should be removed completely instead of greyed out

    Posted: 11 May 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    I was playing around with a exalted/revenge deck when I noticed that when I when copying/counting battle skills, skills like aegis and killer are counted even when used while revenge is not. When looking at the wiki, I confirmed my suspicion that once a unit with revenge activates it, the revenge battle skill is basically completely removed from the card, unlike skills such as aegis and killer

    So in order to avoid such confusion why not just remove the revenge text completely instead of greying the text out, this also makes the overall mechanics of interactions with battleskills more consistent

    Edit: Further testing of cards have shown that cards related to "having 2 or more battle skills" (Meditation trainer, humble instructor, unseen commando) triggers when revenge is active (text in black) but don't when it's inactive (text is grey) along with cards like "reinvigorate" and "hooru teachings". "Honour the fallen" does not copy revenge, hero of the people does not copy greyed out revenge, but "master's lessons" may be drawing cards for inactive revenge or perhaps it's triggers with destiny.

    Basically all cards except perhaps "master's teachings" do not react inactive revenge, so it is almost like the text didn't exist, it would be clearer is revenge is completely removed with destiny as the only keyword left on the card after the revenge keyword has activated

    submitted by /u/drredchan
    [link] [comments]

    Revelations: Stealth

    Posted: 11 May 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    Reset the Day - a surprise from the Revelations draft preview

    Posted: 11 May 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Blueprint cheat sheet

    Posted: 10 May 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    REMINDER: New set releasing means Gauntlet & Forge ranks reset soon

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    For those who are unaware, each time a new set releases (proper sets only - Campaigns and mini-sets don't count) your Gauntlet and Forge ranks will be reset to Bronze. This means you can get the more valuable Rank Up chests for the first five each (bronze, silver, gold, diamond, master) Gauntlets and Forges you complete with 7 wins.

    It's not a huge bounty - For Gauntlet it replaces one of the Silver chests with a Rank Up chest guaranteed to contain a booster, for Forge it replaces one of the Gold chests with a Rank Up chest guaranteed to contain two boosters - But if you're a newer player you may want to take advantage of this.

    Resetting to Bronze Gauntlet also means you'll get to complete a few runs with an extra loss - Until you reach Diamond in Gauntlet, you have to lose twice to fail the run.

    submitted by /u/Falterfire
    [link] [comments]

    Lord Steyer's Tower Bugged

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    The game auto-conceded me twice when I cast Curfew Enforcement. Beware! For some reason, I did not lose rank rating and progress when I tested it in guantlet.

    Edit- Speaking Circle also had me auto-concede when I picked the last spell to play. Might be all sites bugged?

    submitted by /u/tython44
    [link] [comments]

    Revelations Draft Preview is now live!

    Posted: 10 May 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    Blueprints Meme (Contains Spoiler Technically)

    Posted: 10 May 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    Opinions on netdecking in ranked

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Someone added me after a ranked match I won complaining about the deck I used which came from eternal warcry. I replied that I was gonna use "proven decks" to climb ranked and if he doesn't like it, to play on casual. I probably should have just let it be, but i got heated in the moment.

    Honestly, I don't have time nor talent to create my own decks so I just try whatever decks I see and play the ones I want to play.

    But anyway, Ranked is fair game for any deck, right? I don't see the point in playing "fun" or "fair" decks in ranked that lose more than win. Otherwise I'll stay in silver forever.

    submitted by /u/KhaleesiMounter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment