• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Why isn’t this game more popular?

    Eternal Card Game Why isn’t this game more popular?


    Why isn’t this game more popular?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:06 AM PST

    I genuinely don't understand it. Hearthstone is infinitely more popular, but it's not even close to the experience that I have with Eternal. I know this is subjective, but Eternal is an amazing game, and is so much more interactive and fun compared to Hearthstone. Eternal has a great UI, it's on multiple platforms, it's F2P friendly, and it has a healthier meta (minus Endra) than Hearthstone and other similar card games.

    As an aside, thank you to all the devs and players that make this game so amazing. You're all awesome.

    submitted by /u/Adalwolf311
    [link] [comments]

    Do we really want more combo decks in the game?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

    (talking as a mostly Throne player, generally playing aggro decks at master level, with little experience of control and combo, so I'm interested in hearing from others who do have this experience)

    So we're all expecting Endra to be nerfed soon, as she should be.

    It appears a large portion of the community has been clamoring for combo decks to be made viable, so I expect that DWD, as the attentive and responsive devs they are (no sarcasm here, I think they're great), might go for a very light nerf. In fact, I suspect the Endra card might have been created in the first place to please the combo crowd.

    I wonder, though, if we should be careful what we wish for.

    I haven't played MTG in a long time, but it seems to me that, in that game, control is the natural predator of combo.

    In Eternal, combo is so resilient, and control's disruption tools against it are so weak, that it is my impression that combo eats control for breakfast (could be wrong, as I don't play either, and I'm far from the most experienced Eternal player out there).

    So it seems the only way to beat combo is to have combo-hate PLUS a hefty clock on the board to kill combo before it recovers. However, since aggro cannot draw or fetch its answers like control might, you basically have to hope to draw clock and hate in the right amounts at the beginning of the game. If you do, you win; if you don't, you lose.

    I think that makes for a very unhealthy and boring meta. So I, for one, hope Endra will be smashed into pieces until control decks get better tools to fight it, and I hope that DWD's further efforts to make combo viable will only come once those disruption tools go online.

    Curious to hear your thoughts, and open to be proven wrong.

    Update: thank you for all the great responses, many interesting opinions (and it looks like mine is in the minority, which I can live with). Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Demicore
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to see DWD expands the faction progress system ?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:26 AM PST

    I think everyone might know faction progress level limited at 100 and might seen max all faction progression level

    I've seen the spreadsheet that shows what player get when it reachs each levels

    However,the reward stucked at set 2

    No new reward from another set

    But the reward is not only reason

    I think the faction progress is like archievement for player

    I hope DWD expands this system;add more content from another set when new set is released

    As I have said,the thing that I want is not only reward ,but as milestone(may be I use wrong word) for player

    submitted by /u/lingnoi_401
    [link] [comments]

    Control, midrange, aggro, question?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:47 AM PST

    I'm seeing combo mentioned a lot lately (I mean, duh, right) as though it's a fourth in the paper, rock, scissors structure of the other three.

    This confuses me. Can't a combo deck be any of those three, and by nature tend towards midrange or control so it can take the time to put its pieces together?

    And, if so, is some of the hate being heaped on Endra (or IMHO more rightly the Song) related to her speed? A combo early feels bad if there is insufficient interaction available. While a combo later can feel good to beat, or if lost to, feels more like bad luck than broken mechanics.

    submitted by /u/Ergo-Ogre575
    [link] [comments]

    Argenport Eremot Control Midrange Expedition #6

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:38 AM PST

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/GWloR0lB8go/argenport-control-expedition-6

    4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)

    4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)

    4 Lost Scroll (Set5 #208)

    4 Hidden Road Smuggler (Set5 #210)

    4 Marionette Cross (Set4 #218)

    4 Fell Ritual (Set7 #143)

    4 Incarnus, Makkar's Listener (Set7 #144)

    3 Regent's Tomb (Set5 #213)

    4 Tasbu, the Forbidden (Set6 #217)

    4 Karvet, Solar Dragon (Set7 #146)

    3 Dizo's Office (Set5 #182)

    4 Eremot, Death Incarnate (Set7 #148)

    4 Vara, Fate-Touched (Set1 #307)

    2 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)

    11 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)

    4 Argenport Insignia (Set7 #195)

    4 Emblem of Makkar (Set7 #121)

    4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)

    --------------MARKET---------------

    1 Press the Advantage (Set7 #66)

    1 Edict of Kodosh (Set7 #68)

    1 Eremot's Designs (Set1007 #9)

    1 Cast into Shadow (Set7 #198)

    1 Cleansing Rain (Set7 #82)

    ...

    Hello. Since FoX release I have been looking on new Eremot. I really like this card. It mills your opponent, kills opponents unit and has unblockable. Cool card. But it is expensive and it is easy to kill. But I really love his art. Honestly I think it is best art in the game and reminds 80s metal bands like Iron Maiden. So, i made up my mind and craft them. But when you realised that it is not unfortunetaly good card on its own, you have to build a deck where the rest of the cards are good. And i end up with expedition deck, where is overall power level of cards lower and there are less kill spells and board wipes at all, took the shadow expedition good stuff and add justice expedition good stuff and built a control midrange deck which tries to play constantly good unit, sites and ramp cards a when you reach late game and your opp is out of gas, just play big ol' Vara bring all the bad boys back. Have fun.

    submitted by /u/honza099
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to pilot a deck I found on EWC and I don't understand it. It has potential but one of us is stupid.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 01:26 PM PST

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/U0bQ_6dXqRc/cliffside-revenge-2-0-masters

    It's Cliffside Revenge. There's a description by the creator but it's overly complex and I don't get it. Can shoveling dumb it down for me or offer improvements? I love the concept but it's very unreliable.

    I get that the core mechanic is to buff and multiply Cliffside Porter and I kind of get it to work but what I really need is like a deck check video from Calebovitsch/Team Rankstar or something.

    submitted by /u/Tracaine2019
    [link] [comments]

    Baby Got Back [Expedition Deck] - Masters ;)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:27 PM PST

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/N4P0cgX9K3g/and-i-can-not-lie

    I threw this brew together at the start of this chapter, and somehow it got me through gold and diamond into Masters. I chalk this up mostly to playing way too much these couple days, rather than the deck being too great (it certainly looks like a pile on paper), but it did end both days a X-4 match history. I give zero guarantees that this will work for you :P

    This was my first go with Harga, which looked like a great card for a Shard-style deck. There's a small write up on the deck page - I'm sure this is nowhere near optimized, so if you take it for a spin I'd be happy to hear how you'd improve it.

    Hope y'all enjoy it!

    submitted by /u/PusillanimousGamer
    [link] [comments]

    I always knew Eternal was the most generous game.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:40 AM PST

    Farming Eternal Ep42: Conceding too Early

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 02:37 PM PST

    Welcome to Ep. 42. In this episode Patrick and Hatsonlamps discuss "Are you conceding too early?" FoX has some powerful cards that can snowball the game, but at what point should you give up and is there not anything you can do to protect yourself? They discuss the cards that they see that lead to the quickest concessions and talk about ways to fight back.

    If this is your first-time hearing about the podcast, you can send your 7-win deck lists by email to farmingeternal@gmail.com or post them in the discord. (link to join the discord is below). Thank you to all the players for submitting your decks this past week.

    Farming Eternal Ep 42: https://soundcloud.com/farming-eternal/farming-eternal-ep42-conceding-too-early

    You can find our faction by faction breakdown of all our 7 win deck lists here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/157UEfcJziT5U-V6uhwTXe8dGnwW6JuP8JJ33zXDuwK8/edit#gid=1169127952

    We also have a very active discord. Come join us, it's an awesome discord and we talk a lot of draft https://discordapp.com/invite/2Z2GxjQ

    submitted by /u/RavenDragon2016
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to test a 45 card deck before piloting it in draft or league?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:30 PM PST

    If I want to test a 75 card constructed, that's easy to do in campaign or gauntlet but I want to see how a deck works in practice before I find out the hard way (losing rank) that it sucks.

    submitted by /u/Tracaine2019
    [link] [comments]

    Salty Brews - TURN OFF THAT RACKET!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:19 PM PST

    Done with this game

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:15 AM PST

    Not posting this to troll, but as someone who sunk hundreds of hours and lots of money into this game over the course of the past 4 months and made it to masters (around 650) maybe the devs will want to know why. I absolutely can not stand the constant losing due to not drawing a needed power card or getting flooded with power cards. It is not fun when your entire strategy is stuck due to this. The game is supposed to be a card game where you pull off a well thought out strategy, not a game whwre you hope to draw a unit or power card. The game should be renamed Power Draws. Imagine playing chess but then going "oh well, you can't do that perfect move at this moment, oh and it's going to take another 4 turns until you draw one more power card". There has to be a way to combat this. I tried Hearthstone but there isn't enough depth of strategy. Eternal should give every player one free power stone that can be played even if you already played a power card. Or you can save it for when it's needed. Idk but SOMETHING needs to be done. Oh, and FUCK SHAVKAS SONG. Bullshit ass broken budget deck that only wins when you can't draw a fucking power card. I'm sorry but it shouldn't be this frustrating to play this game simoly because of the power cards I shouldn't feel like breaking my phone because I just drew 8 unit cards in a row, while playing 2 evenhanded golems back to back (true story). That shouldn't happen if the goal is to have fun. It's a digital card game, install a timer that detects when you are over drawing or need power. Idk but do something the game should not revolve around this. The amount of times this effects a game is probably 50% of my games. That is WAY way too often.

    submitted by /u/masonjar01
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to log in for 2 days now

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 02:58 PM PST

    EDIT: DWD support replied within 5 minutes of this post, and the issue is fixed. Thanks!!

    I already submitted a support ticket, but I haven't heard back in over 2 days so I thought I'd post here. I know yesterday was a holiday, but I was really hoping to hear back by now. I've played Eternal almost religiously for over 3 years, and being locked out really sucks. Maybe it's a quick fix and someone at DWD can just re-enable my account.

    What happens is: If I type my correct email and password, I get an error message saying "Authentication Failed. Authentication error: Could not complete the request at this time." I know it's not an issue of incorrect email/password, because if I purposefully misspell my password, I get a different error message: "Invalid username or password."

    I tried a password reset, which did successfully change my password, but I'm still unable to log in.

    I see more or less the same error/behavior on Xbox, iPhone, and Mac (Steam).

    This happened after I logged in and out repeatedly (maybe 4-5 times total) on both my Xbox and my iPhone within a span of 10-15 minutes. I was doing this because I wanted to draft with some friends over on the Xbox, but I had to download the client on Xbox. While I was waiting, I logged in on my iPhone and played for a bit. There was also a bit of linking/unlinking accounts (which is what it says instead of "log out" when you're on the Xbox client) while I was logged in to my wife's Xbox account. Yeah I know, sounds convoluted, but none of this should have resulted in me being locked out of my account. I assume it's some kind of security feature that sees me logging in and out of several devices several times in a short span of time (as well as "unlinking" my account from my and/or my wife's Microsoft account, which I assume is basically the same as logging out of the Xbox client), but it was all legitimately me and I'd really like my account back. :(

    submitted by /u/diablo-solforge
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone tell what you the black and yellow sunny looking square means in the top left corner?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 06:24 PM PST

    What decks work well against Mill?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 03:30 PM PST

    I currently play an FTP midrange deck, and I'm struggling against Mill. I'm doing a little better against Endra, since I've added a couple new spells to my deck, but Mill is still a struggle.

    submitted by /u/Adalwolf311
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment