• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Dire Wood Digital has gone too far.

    Eternal Card Game Dire Wood Digital has gone too far.


    Dire Wood Digital has gone too far.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    It was a regular Wednesday morning, and I was excited to play the best digital card game, the Eternal TCG. I boot up my phone and the bandit queen icon stares back at me with her piercing blue eyes. "M'Lady" I say as I tip my cowboy hat and open my favourite app. Suddenly, I'm greeted by an unfriendly screen, "Eternal must download 10MB in order to update. Proceed?" 10 Megabytes! Do they think I have an infinite data plan?! (I do). I click yes and decide to get myself a coffee while the game updates. Today I'm drinking Madrinas™ coffee, the best cold brew coffee for a card game gæmer like me.

    47%

    As I wait for the update to finish, I fantasize about what decks I will play today. After playing for over 2 and a half years, I have just earned enough shiftstone to craft 4 premium copies of my most cherished card, Knucklesbones. Will I play knucklebone control? Or perhaps a knuckle bon aggro deck? I decide my first game with be knucklesbone combo, where I go infinite by making an oni every turn with tattoo dragon. As long as nobody interacts with my units or relics at all I can go off and win every game.

    98%

    Before I can start a game I get a notice that markets have changed. I log into reddit dot com and all markets now work like black markets. I don't know why they had to bring up race in a card game. I decide to put one knucklesbones in my market. The rest will sit in my collection until Dire Wood comes to their senses. I queue up for my first game. "This is gonna be good", I emote. On turn 3 I play my merchant. I get a raging knuckleboner. On turn 4, tattoo dragon. They permafrost it, the fool. On turn 6 the knucklesbone comes into play. I now have an unstoppable engine once it has been multiple turns of no interaction. Suddenly I hear the roar of a saber tooth prideleader and my precious game-winning combo piece is in my void. My deck is ruined. I draw randori for turn and my opponent hits me with a 3/5 until I die.

    I weep softly to the picture of LSV I keep on my desk.

    Dire Wood has gone too far.

    submitted by /u/Cosmogonal
    [link] [comments]

    I never used black-markets...thanks DWD

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Discussing the Market Changes and new Additions to Expedition

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    EDH/Singleton Format

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Hi Guys, I am a long time MTG player, and am playing Eternal since open beta, and with the Market changes i thought about a singleton format, just like EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander), or Commander in MTG. I would love such an format, and I bet I am not the only one!
    Just like in Commander you take one card as your Hero (as it is called in Eternal) and you can play him/her at any time you could play a normal unit, unless it has Ambush (obviously), and every time it dies it is turned into a indestructible Relic, and to play it again, it`s Infuelnce requirement raises by one of each color, and it's cost to play by two. Adittionaly I think the decks should consist of 150 cards, because 100 cards aren't enough, and it's only 25 cards away from standard Deck size, so, ... just double it! This way you could build a singleton Deck around your Hero, and try all kind of different shenanigans <3
    I know it will take long to play such games, but isn't this the fun of EDH? Every game is different and every game is a long hard fight to see who's hero is the best. Any Opinion is welcome and free to discuss.
    Sry for bad english, not my native language.

    submitted by /u/Bango_Bangholo
    [link] [comments]

    couldn't even get excited about tavrod

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Eternal Championship Qualifier: Aftershock

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    I love sacrifice decks more than anything, but I need help

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    I'm not getting anywhere in either ranked mode, and I've got nothing to do but play Eternal with everything shutting down on account of this cursed virus.

    I like Hooru and skycrag control, too. I just need some new suggestions to get me out of rut.

    submitted by /u/Ergo-Ogre575
    [link] [comments]

    Here I have for you a look inside Dire Wolf Digital's office as they give their response to the feedback around the recent change to markets.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    So, I destroyed all my merchants and now I can craft 4 legendaries, which one should I pick?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Salty Brew - Flash Fire Strangers

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    Eternal Highlights #156 - Do I Need to Invoke Myself?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Need a good budget deck for grinding to master.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    I'm currently on diamond in gauntlet but having trouble completing a run with the starter decks. Could someone suggest a good budget deck to get me t master?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/peterh1979
    [link] [comments]

    Market change totally has me leaving this game

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    I'm a brewer. I never really liked playing good-stuff decks or straight mid-range strategies. I left the game for a while when DWD nerfed every combo deck that ever got fringe play-ability, but came back with the release of EOE as there are some spicy build arounds in there.

    My latest deck was a combrei creatures list that used both Grodov's Burden and Kodosh's Armor to give all single faction units Exalted and have Exalted units play their weapons on all single faction units. Even with the market functioning as it previously did (already using 4 calibrate also so don't suggest it) you'd pull off having both in play once every three games.

    I spent at least 30,000 shiftstone building this deck and it just got nuked to orbit along with any other deck that relies on a specific build around, or is synergy heavy as this one is.

    DWD how are you going to make this right? I literally threw some extra cash at you because you printed some cool cards that I wanted to play and you just took that away from me...

    Decklist: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/-OuZ6V4ZQFU/the-burden-of-armor

    submitted by /u/beefyavocado
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to developers for ruined the game with the new strangers

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Dear dimps, thank you so much, I love you all

    Never hated an expansion so much until now

    submitted by /u/aRandomForeigner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment