• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    Eternal Card Game So... That happened, but I can't get a round number on my gold total ? Literally unplayable.

    Eternal Card Game So... That happened, but I can't get a round number on my gold total ? Literally unplayable.


    So... That happened, but I can't get a round number on my gold total ? Literally unplayable.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    New player, what should I play for the Eternal Celebration?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I just recently tried out this game. I didn't even know this event was coming up. With access to the whole card pool and no clue what to do with it, what decks would you suggest for me to try out?

    If it helps: I tend to like Aggro and Tempo decks in Magic.

    submitted by /u/RFS-81
    [link] [comments]

    Tricky Treats Event - Tavrod (7-1)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    What are people brewing up/playing with during the free event!?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I've been playing for almost 3 years now and I somehow didn't realize just quite how much cards are actually in the game at this point. The legendary list is long and exciting and rife with jank. I have had a TON of fun with these high-shiftstone lists from Eternal Warcry:

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/Ro_Gc-8GD_c/combreiquake-brewers-brawl-go-big

    Starting a little more reasonable I found this fun [Novaquake Titan] deck made by Kasendrith for the brewers brawl. It's not very consistent but bonding out Novaquake super early via Trickshot Ruffian is just genuinely funny. Failing that you just play big sentinels quickly and that will still run over a fair number of decks.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/upG1AB9-_PM/go-big-no-bigger-than-that-kesava-combo

    Again from the Brewer's Brawl, MurderofCrowss brings us a sick [Kesava, Trueheart] Combo deck. (I am desperately trying to find reasons to craft [Righteous Intent] after this is all over). This deck is definitely going for flash over a positive win-rate, at least in my experience. That said I did get it to work and my opponent seemed happy about it too. With [Dizo's Racket] on the field, if you play [Kesava, Trueheart] + [Lifedrinker] and smash your face into something you'll draw your entire deck, gain 999 life, and then blast them for 999 with [Xenan Fanatic]. If you're keeping track this all costs a lot of mana, multiple market pulls, and multiple turns of set up. But it is glorious.

    If anyone has any other cool (or actually good) decklists utilizing Kesava I'd be real interested.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/jHLU-2aglMs/masters-dazzling-worldpyre-ramp

    This monster of a deck almost costs 110k shiftstone and I will without a doubt be crafting it as soon as this event is over come hell or high water. Combining [WorldPyre] and Void Ramping Strategies, this deck plays some massive bombs. It really flows well together and really scratches the control itch. The amount of power you can amass is intense, often times allowing you to both [WorldPrye] and hardcast giant threats in a single turn. [Marhsal Ironthron] and [Ravid, Insect Master] both continue to ramp you while also giving you payoffs for the ramp. [Aid of the Hooru] and [Sol's Rest] will eat up endgames. [Pit of Lenekta] looks like a silly flashy addition but it does provide a good alternate wincon that can be grabbed with Calibrate. It's also worth noting that the Relic does quite a number on Severin Surge Strats. The board state may be complicated and you may have to try and keep track of how many ghouls are going on top of the enemy deck, but you can sort of heal alongside them until you can deal with Severin (and the subsequent billion ghouls on top of the deck). This deck is the real deal.

    I have also brewed a couple of decks, but none are very variable (I'm a much better pilot than brewer). That's fine though as they have been just for fun.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/kyHvwEDe1j0/anointed-brel

    Here's my WiP of a deck built around [Anointer of the Faithful]. The twist here is not using Evenhanded Golem (boo) so we can live the dream of slamming down a turn 3 [Brel, Solist Apostate]. 1 of each Seat (or some combination and [Horus Traver] on turn 1) will get you the power and influence you need. Use Anointer to bond any of the awesome Paladins in your deck on turn 2. Hojan turn 3, make him big and play your massive threat. Even when this deck stumbles you can still get these big pallys out a full turn or 2 early. The downside of this deck is pretty stark though. Frankly the deck feels like it really really wants another 4 Anointers and Hojans to resemble anything consistent. I don't think Horus is right. And Verro, while able to get in some cheeky damage and building a reasonable bridge in games where I can't bond, also feels too weak in the Throne format. The deck does feel fun to play though, and strong when it's on. Open to any and all ideas to improve it.

    Anyway I've dragged on long enough, wanting to hear what ya'll have been messing around with!

    submitted by /u/Leighlessness
    [link] [comments]

    Play for $50,000 in the Eternal World Championship!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Alright my final question for now

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    Is playing the gauntlet the fastest way to farm gold?

    submitted by /u/ClayAndros
    [link] [comments]

    This Card Hit Me 6 Times. Is that what it's supposed to do?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Question for a returning friend

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    So because I got into this game a friend of mine says he wants to get back in, but he doesn't know if he should just make a new account or use his old one as he bought some of the campaigns on his old one but doesn't have much else on there

    submitted by /u/ClayAndros
    [link] [comments]

    For future reference

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Are the theme decks worth buying?

    submitted by /u/ClayAndros
    [link] [comments]

    Local Doofus Goes from Silver to Top 600 Throne Masters (Crucial Late-in-the-Month Timing, When Everyone Cares the Most) with This 1 Weird Deck!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    I hate constructed usually and I only play it to earn gold to draft again. Usually, this means I play with decks that have slightly-above-50% win rates but are primarily for fun - this month, I had 4 such decks in the rotation and one of them turned out to actually be pretty good.

    Just made it to Masters from Silver (huge accomplishment, thank you, thank you, one of the top 600 players, what an honor). I'm only posting the good deck because the other three I think basically had me treading water on that upward journey, but if you're curious they were

    • That Gravewatch Titan one turn combo deck (very fragile, people started playing relic hate, very slow)
    • Even Worldpyre Severin Influence Pile (OK, but not particularly novel anymore, and also pretty slow)
    • 4c Bant Knucklebones (also like 2 turns too slow even with Powerstones, also weak to relic hate, but certainly the most actual fun you can have playing constructed is when you're Knuckling.)

    The actually-pretty-good deck is this Surge OTK contraption (OTK = One-Turn Kill, if you're dumb like me and didn't put that together right away.)

    The bones are based on some other lists I've seen floating around (you probably have too) and the plan is pretty simple: get a Surge unit into play, gain a bunch of influence and/or double that influence and/or give the unit Double Damage, smash out of nowhere. You've probably seen lists like this before but since I've been playing and slightly tweaking this for weeks nonstop now I wanted to break down the choices I made here and the conclusions I've come to. Very possible I'm wrong on a lot of this stuff.

    But I am currently ranked #535 in Throne Masters so cmon how wrong could I be.

    Units

    Pretty straightforward - unfortunately there are only so many units that are cheap and get bigger with surge, so you kind of have to play them all.

    • 4 Flameheart Patroller - probably the best unit in your deck, I think now
    • 3 Chainwhip Bludgeoner - probably the worst unit in your deck and I hate it. If I were to continue tweaking this I would actively look to swap this for something else. It just doesn't get big enough.
    • 4 Ironthorn, Lawman - Very good, very fragile. Plunder is often critical in this deck too. I wish he got bigger though.
    • 4 Mightweaver - I think this is the 2nd best unit in the deck, after much deliberation. Double damage is just so critical to get surprise wins. I attack with this guy a lot.
    • 4 Silvercrest Purifier - You would think this would be the heart and soul of the deck, and there's no doubt you can win a lot with this guy, but it's a mistake to pin your entire game plan on him. Incredibly fragile so you have to use a lot of caution on when to run him out. One upside is usually opponents consider this guy mission-critical so when they're deciding whether to Torch him or a Mightweaver they will usually decide wrong.

    Evasion

    These spells are where a lot of the flex comes in from previous lists, and where most of the changes I've made occur. You really, really, need to give your guys Overwhelm or Flying, unless you're playing a total idiot who's comfortable going shields-down against a Silvercrest Purifier. I shuffle these numbers around slightly depending on what little slice of the ladder I find myself in. Also there might be better spells for this purpose but I haven't found them.

    • 4 Kaleb's Intervention - The best because it's the cheapest. 1 power is so much less than 2 and Overwhelm is so much better than Flying when you need to get your 39/3 Double Damage unit through. Sucks that it's slow though.
    • 3 Aamri's Choice - Being fast is clutch for surprise wins and forcing bad blocks. 2 cost is real pricey though. Used to play 4, now 3.
    • 3 Fearless Crescendo - Flying is OK but not amazing - 1 cost and fast is very good though. Plus it gives you some market access but 3 power is a lot for this deck so the market is currently kind of... bad. Used to play 4, now 3.

    Protection

    Not that many options here. Needs to be 1 power, basically, to be fast enough. LMK in the comments if you have better ideas.

    • 4 Bubble Shield - 1 power fast Aegis is good.
    • 4 From Within - okay so this looks like a pump spell, but really you're using this to keep a Surge unit in your hand, and play and attack all at once. Dodges slow removal, punishes greedy attacks. Obviously the dream here is Purifier - From Within - Power - Reap - Smash, and that actually isn't that rare. This is a recent addition and it really, really helps. Obviously Rain of Frogs sucks to see but hey.

    Surge

    I think you have to play both of these. Memento Mori isn't amazing but it's solid.

    • 4 Reap - one of the best cards in the deck. Enables tight-power wins out of nowhere.
    • 3 Memento Mori - Your opponent has to have allowed you to really get set up for this to be amazing, but sometimes they don't see it coming and it blows up their blocking math. Used to play 4, now 3. Probably don't want to go to 2. It's just so pricey.

    Utility

    You don't really have much room left over here. It would be great to get some kind of smoothing / card draw in here but these are bad colors for it, so unit search / double damage is OK.

    • 3 Rujin's Choice - I use the double damage way more than the search, but the search is good too. Probably 75-25 not 90-10. Used to play 4, now 3. I've considered making this more of a toolbox card but I really don't think there's enough flex space in the core of the deck to make that not an insane decision. Could be worth a shot though.

    Power

    I'll admit I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to power bases, but the basic rule is that almost everything should produce double, and the more utility on top of that you can cram in, the better. Feels about right from a numbers perspective. The Cylixes are the best cards in this section obviously. I believe I adjusted this slightly mid-run to get Time more reliably - if you're better at this than me, feel free to change it.

    Market

    I really only fetch Touch and Spur On. (Spur On you can play after a Reap). 3 is just a lot of power to be doing utility stuff with in this deck, when so often you need to be playing a key unit and attacking for lethal that same turn. I've never fetched the whip, especially now that I'm playing From Within.

    Omissions

    Maybe even more important than what I am playing, these are the cards from other lists that I've tried that I cut.

    • Barrel Through - it lets you surge, but no evasion or protection. Pass.
    • Be Gone - not fast, not evasion, 1 surge isn't worth it.
    • Badlands Survivalist - no evasion, doesn't grow, fragile. No way.
    • Wandering Beholder - too cute.
    • Rampage / Daring Maneuver - Have played a couple copies of these at times but also pretty slow. I could see maybe bringing this back though. Overwhelm is just honestly? so important.

    Basics

    • Play surge unit, protect surge unit, set up surge doubler (Lawthorn or Mightweaver), give surge unit evasion, smash
    • You kind of need all 4 pieces of that puzzle, unless you're lucky and your opponent is just blissfully doing their own thing on the other side of the board and taps out for some relic on turn 4 with no blockers. Surge unit, doubler, protection, evasion.
    • Chipping in with Surge units before your "one turn" works great too though and can put a lot less strain on the top of your deck to feed you a Reap.
    • Do not run out an unprotected key piece of your puzzle if it's the only one you have (duh)
    • You can get turn 3, turn 4 wins but usually you're going to be winning more like turn 5-7. Gotta keep that Bubble Shield up.
    • Buffing Silvercrest before you Surge is good (again, duh.)

    Can't really think of anything else. It's a little tricky to play but not that tricky.

    Upsides

    • This deck looks like a joke, and to some extent it is, but it's actually pretty good! Certainly better than the other three I mentioned above if you care about actually winning. I think this is mostly due to people not really knowing what to do against it and not expecting the ability to win out of nowhere. As long as that's a factor (I'm sure this post doesn't help) you can get a lot of surprise wins. Call them cheeseball wins if you want - they still count.
    • If you like being very very patient and sitting on the edge of your seat wondering when to pull the trigger, and fucking it up a good amount of the time, this deck is for you. I used to play a ton of Ad Nauseam in Modern in Magic, and this deck has a very similar feel - carefully put extremely fragile pieces together, win out of nowhere.
    • This deck seems particularly good against kind of the... midrangey, synergy, relic-y nonsense a lot of people are doing now. Decks light on removal (duh) who are trying to do their own thing but can't do it fast enough to kill you before you blow by them and deal 300 damage in a turn.
    • It's fun! If you like math you'd probably play it much better than me! I've miscounted Surge damage on multiple occasions.
    • Surprise factor

    Downsides

    • Well, it's unit-based combo. So any time people are playing a ton of removal - this deck will be very bad.
    • If Rain of Frogs gets much more popular, it could also get tricky. You're usually not fast enough to kill them before they can get one off, and you're assembling a puzzle with multiple parts.
    • It's not really as straightforward as maybe it looks (I know, insufferable genius brain thing to say) which I guess could be upside but if you're impatient you will lose a lot with this deck.
    • It's actually pretty bad against aggro, too, so I feel like this will not be an amazing Week 1 deck. They usually are only playing low-level removal spells but your units are puny pieces of shit, so that's plenty. They're also dumping units on board quick, so you need to have hands that basically have all of your relevant pieces - evasion, protection, surge unit, surge multiplier. Which is a big ask sometimes.
    • It doesn't mulligan great. You need a surge unit in your opening hand, pretty much, and Chainwhip is really not usually gonna do it, so much of the time. You also need all your cards, so going to 6 also sucks.
    • People do not like it. I've gotten more of the delightful little "friend request" bubbles playing this deck this month than I have in the previous 2 years combined. Beating people out of nowhere makes people feel stupid, I guess.

    Ok that's it I guess. Give it a whirl, it's fun. Hit me up if you have questions. I can't remember if this subreddit supports that card tag feature some of the MTG ones do so I apologize if that makes things harder but there's a Warcry list linked up there. And if you see me in game don't be a dick if I beat you please.

    submitted by /u/mysecretcardgameacct
    [link] [comments]

    Noon in Eternal Celebration event.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    So it seems I found myself starting playing on the worst day for a newb. Everybody has this awesome decks because of all the "try all event" going on.

    I'm looking for easy to manage/learn decks to kinda compete in PVP (want to finish questd).

    submitted by /u/Woeden
    [link] [comments]

    Elysian Dinosaurs - Brewers Ball "Free-For-All" - Expedition Game Play & Deck Tech

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Have not played in awhile. missing packs?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    I had the purchase to buy 3 packs from each new set. I don't seem to have any of those packs. Have they removed this feature?

    Seems very lame that I don't get the 3 packs for each set now.

    submitted by /u/Zoranado
    [link] [comments]

    Warning! Draft bug what ruins all the fun

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    So I drafted Set 1 and was paired with similar player. The game was funny. But second and third games my opponents have cards from usual draft what made me rage. It's completely not funny at all play with base cards against many more powercreeped cards from all sets. If it's a bug DWD should fix it. If it was intended it's very bad decision which ruins game experience completely. Now I stop play draft and warn all of you what set one draft is broken.

    submitted by /u/Velsevul
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment