• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Sunyveil, TheBoxer, and Collecter reminisce on Eternal's History and speculate on its future

    Eternal Card Game Sunyveil, TheBoxer, and Collecter reminisce on Eternal's History and speculate on its future


    Sunyveil, TheBoxer, and Collecter reminisce on Eternal's History and speculate on its future

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8m3oRJj5sA

    FECast Ep 48: All About the Eternal Celebration

    This week on FECast, Sunyveil is joined by Collecter and TheBoxer to go over recent news, including the details of the Eternal Celebration, and continue answering mailbag questions from last week. To celebrate Eternal's fourth anniversary, the trio discuss Eternal's past and present, and speculate on its future.

    ----------

    Ilya K:

    Well, okay, I suppose my big question is...what the heck can DWD do to rake in all those disgruntled MtG players? As Patrick Chapin responded recently on Twitter, the frustration has gotten to the point that people no longer even have the energy to meme on WotC's bad design choices. WotC bans left and right, but at the same time, those people still aren't coming here. What exactly is Eternal supposed to do to get a larger community?

    rodcop:

    How can the community rebuild the player base/Twitch viewership/Twitch streamer numbers? Came back to Eternal after Haunted Highway nerfs and it seems like numbers across the board are down.

    serpentwind:

    Do y'all think Eternal has the potential to be a major player in the CCG space or is it possibly not meant to be that? I feel Eternal has always been a very solid game, but DWD takes a very hands off approach to marketing the game. Was there a point where Eternal could have broken through to be a major player?

    chriseay:

    How do you think that as players we should judge the health of the game right now vs. the future direction? Is it okay to have cards that are too powerful for now in order to make a better game in the future? I tend to be a long view type of person and don't mind much if something is a bit too powerful right now for the better in the future, but I think I might be in the minority here.

    meverz:

    What do you think the next season of competitive Eternal should look like?

    ----------

    Ilya K wiping his own board from Shimmerpack:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8gASKyO500

    Backlash Podcast:

    https://soundcloud.com/twittermagictim

    Collecter on Twitch:

    https://www.twitch.tv/walking_sponge

    ----------

    Join the Friends of Eternal Discord (and the Piloting Club)! https://discord.gg/kp9vZjY

    SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-149179554

    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1cKVjfkvQKvOWLLwBIsXXZ

    iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/friends-of-eternal/id1456672035

    www.twitch.tv/Sunyveil

    www.twitter.com/Sunyveil

    00:00:00 Intro

    00:01:15 Ep 48: All About the Eternal Celebration

    00:02:12 Eternal Celebration details announced

    00:03:57 The Empty Throne throwback drafts

    00:05:13 Heroic event

    00:06:12 Last Chance Qualifier tournament

    00:07:56 New set announced: Bastion Rising

    00:10:05 Eternal Memories

    00:25:36 The state of Eternal today

    00:33:54 What direction should Eternal take in the future?

    00:49:10 What can DWD do to attract MtG players?

    00:54:24 Can Eternal be a major player in the CCG space?

    00:57:57 How should we judge the game's health now vs. the future?

    01:02:33 What should the next competitive season look like?

    01:11:44 Outro

    submitted by /u/Sunyveil
    [link] [comments]

    [Returning Player] Is it just me or is the meta EXTREMLY removal focused?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    after quitting Eternal for a bit and then never getting back in (cause I only had cards from the first 4-5 sets and thus had a hard time earning more new cards ) this celebration was the perfect opportunity to dip my toes back in (Expedition not ALL the cards of all times, I want to play some eternal not read a Bibles worth of card text :P).

    And I have made an observation: Eternal seems to have strongly drifted into that MTG-direction where a ton of removal is essentially MUST PLAY (unless you play hyperaggro). there seem to be a ton of cards that say "Remove me now or I will absolutely snowball out of control if I stay on the board 1-2 turns". For example the 'ascended' 2 drops or Roland Iron Tyrant but there were quite a few more. Feels like if you don't kill them RIGHT away they just snowball completely out of managebale range.

    Is that just a newbie/long time not played player impression after getting hit by a 10/10 2 drop in round 4/ having Roland alone dismantle my entire midrange deck or is there some truth to this?

    Just curious. Thnx guys :-)

    submitted by /u/Mojo-man
    [link] [comments]

    Hey DWD, the game has a certain message for you regarding some repetitive play =P

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    Tricky Treats: does calling your hero give face aegis?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Sorry for such a simple top level post, but does it? The announcement post didn't mention it but the last hero event I was in did, so I wanted to make sure before I picked a hero.

    submitted by /u/Amanuensite
    [link] [comments]

    Took a break after Argent Depths dropped and I’ve got a couple questions

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    I like Destruction, and it's parts (Stonescar, Xenan, Praxis) with an emphasis on Shadow.

    I also enjoy some control when it's viable. Preferably Hooru, but I'm not picky.

    I've been to warcry, but I don't see a lot of the names I was familiar with...

    Whose brewing fun stuff? I'm not a competitive player. Casual and Gauntlet is where I play.

    Do we still have anyone covering the meta?

    Any promos worth crafting while I've been away?

    submitted by /u/Ergo-Ogre575
    [link] [comments]

    What am I missing?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    What am I missing?

    Just returned the game and went to play this deck..its telling me my market is invalid..using Kerendon merchant.

    https://preview.redd.it/jycdfjj5dav51.jpg?width=400&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=119f94dc6d59654ca01e93a29622a4345ea90a8c

    submitted by /u/Seedyjee
    [link] [comments]

    A dozen Argent Depths draft playthroughs

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    For various reasons I will temporarily not be uploading any new content to YouTube. Instead, I will be ordering up my Twitch VODs into themed highlights. As the first batch, you can re-watch a dozen of Argent Depths drafts I have played on stream over the last two weeks:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781246423
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781254575
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781257281
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781259428
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781261402
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781263119
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781265109
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781268369
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781270556
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781271063
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781274536
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/781271806

    Cheers,
    Calebovitsch

    submitted by /u/Calebovitsch
    [link] [comments]

    POWER, uh huh What is it Good For?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Need help -badly.

    Been playing for 1 month, newbie.

    I've taken a lot of the advice from you peeps in this reddit. Thank you very much, it's a lot of really good advice about the game.

    Entered this months League Event and just finished playing 100 games. As for the leaderboard I'm in the 1001-2500 group and that gets me 9 decks so I'm super happy.

    POWER. In 100 games only 5 games where my opponents were not able to play a power card every turn, at least up to 6 power. I really want to learn how to do that. I got man screwed on 89 games, sometimes with only 3 Power before I was beaten badly.

    All the decks I played with had minimum 18 Power. How do you do that? (Power each turn?)

    submitted by /u/CamCoding
    [link] [comments]

    Deck for Solo Content. Preferably Aggro

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    Looking for a deck since we have all the cards unlocked to grind through all the solo content I have purchased. (was never able to build a deck with my limited resources to get through them)...

    I really enjoy mono red Jake/Millos Aggro is there anything that's good enough? I'd love to unlock the cards.

    submitted by /u/sjgold
    [link] [comments]

    Cards I Do Not Own - I Really Do Own

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Maybe one of you experienced people can help me.

    Have League Event
    Made Deck 45 cards 15 power
    Says, deck is invalid cards i do not own
    When I hit PLAY I get MATCH REQUEST FAILED
    I have checked 4 times now, every card in my deck is in my list

    Yellow diamond over each card I checked
    Exported list to warcry, every card I checked it said I owned
    NO locks, NO red

    Hope you can help. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CamCoding
    [link] [comments]

    It Seems the Ascension Achievement doesn't work

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    With all the cards in the game, I decided to do the logical thing and go achievement hunting.

    And yet I'm stuck on Ascension, the achievement you get for having at least 2 fully operational Ascending heroes in play.

    Well this is the third time I do and it seems to not have unlocked yet. Had 3 up too this time to too (Kira, Acantha and the Jotun) with 8+ influence on all 3 factions yet nothing, no achievement unlocked.

    All other achievements triggered in both Gauntlet and PVP, so what gives?

    submitted by /u/GoodKing0
    [link] [comments]

    OldIronNuts Casual Saturday Tourney: Tiny Mages!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    Every Saturday night King OIN holds a casual tournament on his Twitch stream. Tonight we will be running decks that contain only Spell type cards and the following Unit types: Mage, Shaman, Cleric and Druid, and all cards must cost three (3) Power or less. This means no attachments and no sites and these rules apply to markets as well as the main deck. Luckily we have access to every card in the game for the week long Eternal Celebration, so there should still be plenty of room for creativity within these parameters. As always, original brews are encouraged over net decks; nothing is at stake tonight but a good time!

    The stream starts at 9pm CDT and unless a lot of people show up early and ready to go, the tourney generally starts 1-2 hours after that. We have very long streams on Saturdays; at least 8 hours but usually 10 or even 12 hours. This means people from many time zones can drop in and play or watch and see if they get inspired to throw a deck together to play with us as long (or briefly) as they wish.

    These events are designed with special rules to make people think outside the meta and just have fun; there are no prizes other than bragging rights! Multiple champions can and often are declared when someone on the top of the heap has to leave the stream before it is over. So please do stop by OldIronNuts' Twitch stream tonight to watch our knights, lords and ladies battle it out, and if this sounds fun to you, all you have to do to enter is show up with a Throne deck that conforms to the above rules! We'll save a seat for you in the Great Hall!

    submitted by /u/Animus777Mundi
    [link] [comments]

    Empty Throne's Throwback draft - card changes since Omens

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    Now that we have all the cards, what is the best gauntlet grinder?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    I've been trying a bunch on EW, but I can't seem to nail down one that will win almost every time. Is there a specific gauntlet deck that blows the others out of the water?

    What do you guys use?

    submitted by /u/construktz
    [link] [comments]

    Need help for first League deck

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    submitted by /u/Woeden
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment