• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    Eternal Card Game Just started playing today. Whats "transform" mean? Does that mean when I give a minion/follower a relic?

    Eternal Card Game Just started playing today. Whats "transform" mean? Does that mean when I give a minion/follower a relic?


    Just started playing today. Whats "transform" mean? Does that mean when I give a minion/follower a relic?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 09:21 AM PST

    Playing my first Forge and have a card that says "when you transform one or more cards". Im not sure what they mean by transform as a new player.

    Thanks in advance Eternal community!

    submitted by /u/ACapriciousHermit
    [link] [comments]

    Coming Back - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:14 AM PST

    Hi all, I'm a player who has played off and on since the very beginning of Eternal and wanted to give my thoughts after returning from an almost year-long break.

    As some background, I've played since the first set, hit masters every month I've played, I quit last time because I played in two of the 2-day EWC qualifiers, made it to day 2 both times and was eliminated almost immediately due to bad draws. I know! I know! RNG is part of card games, but it was very disheartening to put all the time and effort into it all just to be kinda screwed.

    I've started playing again over the past week or two and wanted to give a perspective on a few categories whether they be good or bad:

    COMPETITION / E-SPORTS

    I'm so glad that LOA won the EWC, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (actually SunnyVeil might be nicer). But are they still doing the events? They were really fun, but I can't find any info at all about it on DWD's site.

    While on the subject, I like that there are some community run events from TNT, but it would be nicer if DWD had some things running with prizes beyond the adoration of your peers.

    COMMUNITY

    Every once in a while when I was away I would check Twitch to see if people were still streaming Eternal. It seems to me that the numbers are waaaaay down and that a lot of the more prominent streamers aren't doing much anymore. Grimfan hasn't streamed in 2 months!? That guy was the best! And where's the preacher guy? And the Danger Zone guy? Does IlkyaK still play? I know a lot of people seem to have left for LoR, but was it that many? It could be that there's less incentive to stream, less viewers, etc.. I never got into the twitch drops, but that might be part of it.

    This sub also seems to be a little low in posts, especially this close to a new set dropping, right? Like if you go to "New" there's still posts from a few days ago. This makes me nervous! I'm a man who has spent my share of hours i the various ECG Discords, but I haven't jumped back on them just yet - hopefully that's where the people are.

    When I fired up the app for the first time I checked my friends list, the count is pretty low at any given time, but I can see that some people (based on looking at the ladders and checking to show only friends) are playing.

    GAME - SETS

    Let me just say, I love that while I was out we got a lot of campaigns! I love them, I hope DWD loves them. You get all the cards, and I usually buy with gems just to vote with my wallet that it's my preferred way of getting cards. Also of the 3 that I bought from while I was gone, 2 of them I didn't have to suffer through a campaign! It's the DREAM COME TRUE! I think the story missions should be optional, I love that there's a "story" but really I want to play with the cards, not have a 2 hour chore. So thanks DWD, great job, I love it!

    There's a lot of talk on this sub already about accessibility and new cards vs old cards. I have an alt account that I mess around with and I checked it out to see how that guy would be doing and let me say, new players have it rough. If I were starting now the sheer amount of cards would freak me out. Throne has too many cards to make a decent deck for and Expedition all of the competitive decks have so many legendaries that I would feel like it takes forever to make any progress. As a new player who isn't dusting cards very quickly, getting enough dust for a single legendary is a thing.

    I'm sure that these things are related! The game seems to be either in a stall if not a decline (someone posted steam numbers the other day that confirm this) and the disregard for new players is the biggest culprit.

    GAME - GAMEPLAY

    I like most of the new mechanics. They're not super complicated, but they add decision making (which makes or breaks a CCG in my opinion) and reward knowing how to pilot a deck. There are a lot of cards that are clearly pushed, which is kind of disappointing because now I have to craft 4x Legendaries.

    It's very interesting that Argent Depths - the set that I own the least amount of - seems to be the powerhouse set. I kind of thought that I could play Throne for the most part just having old cards, but that is not the case. A lot of the old Throne standards are just blatantly outclassed by the newer stuff.

    One of Eternal's best things parts is that it is a digital CCG designed around digital, not physical and let me say a lot of the new cards take advantage of this in a way that I love! I love all the recursion stuff.

    While we're on the subject of combo - it seems like there are a few out there, but nothing that's totally bonkers (unless I've missed something). If you've played Silver 3 any for the last few days you've probably run into me trying to see if Endra still works! It doesn't! Yes, you can win games, but not at the % that I'm looking for. Maybe there are some new cards out there that I don't know about. If anyone has some top secret Endra tech, PM me.

    I don't see too much EHG these days - it pops up sometimes - and I guess that's good. It seemed out of control for a while there.

    GAME - APPLICATION

    How has there not been a UI overhaul in this game in so long? The menu system is a convoluted mess. Eternal has a cool theme - cowboys and magic and all that awesome shit - and it seems kind of wasted on a game with a UI this bad. I was excited when I fired the game up and had to download a pretty large update, thinking that they had given the app some love while I was away, but alas. It makes me think that the shop is smaller than I think it is. Then again, this game clearly isn't their big money maker, so they probably can only justify putting money in if they're going to get money out. Campaigns make cash, a new UI is a long term investment. DWD is, after all, a business.

    Also, I get disconnected on the mobile app all the time. Like hilariously a lot.

    OVERALL

    Overall, I'm back to playing the game and, for the most part, loving it! I'm psyched for a new campaign to drop because it's new cards and I love campaigns. You'll be getting my $10 soon, DWD!

    Let me know if I've missed out on anything that's like a thing everybody knows / does these days and I'm just out of the loop! If you see me slamming Endras ... I'm not sorry! She's ripe for a comeback!

    submitted by /u/ChaatedEternal
    [link] [comments]

    Can some body spare 1 gold coin?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 09:53 AM PST

    If you play or watch community tourneys - please take 30 sec to fill out a 5 q survey for the upcoming Spring Season. Thank you!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 11:08 AM PST

    Adding Sigils in Markets

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:37 PM PST

    I know the market has been changed so you can't play any card in your market that is already in your deck. But, I think allowing players to put a basic sigil in their markets would be okay. What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/caseyGenericName
    [link] [comments]

    There can only be one Mr Nine...

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:37 PM PST

    Salty Brew - Any last Words? [Throne]

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:31 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment