• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    Eternal Card Game WOW! My First Expedition Open Write Up

    Eternal Card Game WOW! My First Expedition Open Write Up


    WOW! My First Expedition Open Write Up

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    Record 7-13 after I resigned. I just wanted to share some of my notes on my first tournament run.

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/2qq2LX4sG-A/traditional-solders?view=list

    My soldiers deck is combination of bottledjinn and AromaNova soldier decks from TNE with some notable additions:

    1 Transpose

    Situational card for protection against equalize and market access to for Garrison or Roa

    1 Tarra

    High upside card. Decided to only run one due to wanting more solders for Argo.

    2 Call of Allies

    Situational card with some upside for Broti and Shock Trooper on early turns.

    Notes form each round:

    1. Hooru Soldier - W (1-0)

    Got the nerves out with the first win.

    1. Knowledge Mandrakes

    Kept a slow hand and Opp builds up a sizable board thanks to Krull and Merriest

    1. Argentport Mid - L (1-1)

    Rolant is a pain to deal with

    1. Menace Aggro - L (1-2)

    Loss some units due to Autotread and Shadow mechant. I Traspose to get Roa which bought me sometime against their damage removal.

    1. Menace Tesseract L (1-3)

    Opp get to Prime fast; Then play assembly line and get another Prime and wins.

    1. 4F Sling W (2-3)

    Opp didn't have sling in their starting hand. Curve and stun their blocker; Dovid is still great on turn two

    1. Vision Value L (2-4)

    Opp went over the top with value from Moonstone Vanguard, Rolant, and Speaking Circle

    1. MonoFire L (2-5)

    First Major Punt! Played Argo into a Grand Suppressor on the board. With no stun, 2 Basher end the game.

    1. Traditional Soldier L (2-6)

    Kept a high power but risky two power hand. Stuck at two power against Opp curving out with soldiers.

    1. Ambition Mid L (2-7)

    Mulk, with buff from Tarra causes problems. I can't keep up with Tarra, Syl, and Redplate Crasher.

    1. Vision Value W (3-7)

    Able to fight thru 2 Know Thy Enemy and Speaking Circle with a buffed Tarra and a buffed Hifos

    1. Skycrag Mid W (4-7)

    Curved out and stunned blockers with Hifos. Close the door with Argo.

    1. Menace Tesseract L (4-8)

    Gren + Cyber Combust wipes my board. Prime finishes the job.

    1. Feln Pinnacle W (5-8)

    Curve out to Argo and won. Opp only played two blockers.

    1. TPS Mid L (5-9)

    Jarrell, Wump, Huntress, Krull, and good stuff. The greed is really! I was able to transpose to get Garrison and amp with Hifos for two to fight back. Two Huntress later, Wump wins.

    1. Creation Sentinels W (6-9)

    Rough start with units shot down by Autotread. Buffed Tarra carries me to the win.

    1. Monofire L (6-10)

    Buffed Pyroknights and Mightweaver overwhelm me with double damage. I misplayed and attacked with a unit I needed to block with.

    1. 5F Sling W (7-11)

    Know thy Enemy almost stops but I top deck two soldiers to finish the job.

    1. Menace Aggro L (7-12)

    Three Darkwater Vines dump 12 cards into my void. Three Doctor Z show up and beat me with my own Huntress and Argo.

    1. L (7-13)

    Autoloss due to a computer problem.

    Resign (7-13)

    Some of my thoughts from the Expedition Open:

    Tesseract is fast! the Gren deck are able to get to Prime fast and kill with card advantage.

    Wump should be played more. Wump can be a nightmare for any aggro deck thanks to the snowballs. Hot take! Wump is a better two drop than Dovid.

    MonoFire is the best aggro deck in the format thanks to Grand Suppressor and Mightweaver. The deck is able to do alot of damage with it's 3 and 4 drops.

    Broti should be played more. Broti is a great one drop that provide fast pressure. Thanks to it ability any buff to it's health makes it attack better. Plus he helps Hifos due more damage.

    I feel the format is not solved yet and their are more decks to be made.

    Thank for reading!

    submitted by /u/EpicWarl0rd
    [link] [comments]

    The best worst translation

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    The best worst translation

    This card translation to portuguese is really funny, but it works... Let me explain..

    Time flies was translated to "O tempo voa", probably if you put that in google translate or something, it will appear that, but, it's not the real meaning.

    "Voa" comes from "Voar", that means 'to fly'... So, it's not the insect, is just you saying that time is flying around, or something. The insect will be 'mosca' or 'moscas' (in plural), just check google images.

    But, it works... here in Brazil, when something is really slow, we just say that something is going backwards. And, when it's going fast, we say that something is running, or even flying if it's ever fastter.

    So, when it was translated to "O tempo voa" (the times flies around), for us, it have the meaning of: The time is going really fast.

    It works really well.

    https://preview.redd.it/jeffle5e0qt61.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=4a753686ef0ce2564bd53be62d66691516a24d1a

    submitted by /u/LordIvel
    [link] [comments]

    Amplify spam sucks. There. I said it.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Points for people's creativity and everything but the game loses some of the nuance I appreciate. And yes, before you say it, those decks are currently handing me my lunch and I'm rage venting.

    submitted by /u/DefenestrateXP
    [link] [comments]

    Hall of Shame: Worst Stormbreak $5k Open Expedition Blunders

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    I have finished the event scoring 18:10 with Rakano Valkyries and I have yet to live down some of my most critical misplays I have made during that run. Here is me sharing them for entertainment:

    1. The opponent starts his game with Flameheart Patroller and Powercell, racking up FFTT influence. I play Ixtun Merchant on my turn with plenty of more power in hand and due a brain fart I decide it would be a good idea to get Edict of Shavka, so I can be prepared for the "inevitable" Vulk and also kill something else with Flash Fry on my next turn. However, the problem turns out to be that the guy is just running Praxis and I am left with a dead card in my hand. The game stalls with both players only having weak units until he draws his own Ixtun Merchant and goes for Inferno Den, showing me what I should have done back then and pounding me to the ground with it.
    2. I start the game with Seat of Glory and Justice Sigil, with the next options being Valkyrie Emulator or Passionate Stonehammer. Usually in these situations, I play Stonehammer and plunder the other, dreaming of drawing Tarra from the top, so I just do that with barely any thinking. Fast forward a few turns and I am still left with just a single Fire influence and a hand full of FF cards like Lynax a Heavy Artillery, while the opponent is having quite terrible draws himself, giving me an easy time with just two weak soldiers and letting me simmer in the terrible decision I have made. In the end, he gets Siraf running before I even see the other Fire influence and rack up a whooping 5+ FF/FFF cards I cannot play.

    Not one of my proudest performances, but I hope to still make it to the brackets to do some more. :)

    submitted by /u/MartenInf
    [link] [comments]

    Tournaments in Retrospect (TNE #6, Throne)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    https://sunsfurysforge.wordpress.com/2021/04/17/tne-in-retrospect-6-throne/

    My newest Tournaments in Retrospect article is live, juuuust before the Expedition Open starts! Come check out what went down in TNE #6 (Throne)!

    Also: Good Luck; Have Fun to all you who have entered the Expedition Open!

    submitted by /u/Sunsfury
    [link] [comments]

    My game thinks I'm in a different time zone (Nintendo Switch)?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    So... The in-game clock on my screen is precisely one hour wrong (example: it is 3:30 am as I write this, but Eternal insists it is 2:30 am)

    I like having the clock turned on in card games so I don't lose track of time), but I'm not seeing an option to correct this time zone issue anywhere.

    Am I pulling a stupid and scrolling past it, or is updating the clock just not possible?

    The time on my Switch is set to the right time. While I don't have many games, this appears to be the one game I have this problem with.

    Update: apparently the clock in the game just sucks. I realize that between game systems, a phone, a computer, and a bunch of actual clocks, I don't necessarily need the current time on screen (though it would mean a lot to me), so I guess I'm gonna just disable it in the settings.

    submitted by /u/AmyInPurgatory
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment