• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Noticing a distinct lack of mill these days...

    Eternal Card Game Noticing a distinct lack of mill these days...


    Noticing a distinct lack of mill these days...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Chapter 40: Aftershock

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:04 AM PST

    EoE Top 5 Build Arounds

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:11 AM PST

    EoE Top 5 Build Arounds

    https://preview.redd.it/6pmm1qudtgk41.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=9f08fd987487415086283c8fe8523103a9942de6

    Jedi breaks down his Top 5 Build Arounds for Echoes of Eternity, using both fun and effectiveness as part of the grading scale.

    https://youtu.be/8iodden79FM

    non spoiler clip starts at 00:01:19

    ***SPOILER***

    Honorable Mention - Endless Nightmare

    1. Vernal Mandrake

    2. Savage Incursion

    3. Unlock the Vault

    4. Volatility

    5. Shrine to Karvet

    YouTube - www.youtube.com/EternalJourney

    Twitter - EJthePodcast

    www.Twitch.tv/Jedi\_EJ

    Discord: https://discord.gg/hzakRbN

    submitted by /u/Jedi_EJ
    [link] [comments]

    Tradition Restrained Action!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:47 PM PST

    DECKLIST HERE

    [[Restrained Action]] Is a good card, I promise. (or at least a fun card)

    The main line of play in this deck is pretty similar to old TJP control decks: ramp up to your big sweepers and even bigger finishers. In this deck, however, we're not using [[Pit of Lenekta]] as a win-condition here. Instead, we're using restrained action to keep our opponent inundated with increasingly strong units that can function as beaters while still getting value as control. I do feel like the Primal splash here is very important to have: [[Bookclub Yeti]] is excellent removal AND can be yoinked off of Restrained Action, [[Snowstorm Druid]] is also quite nice for being able to protect your relics with face aegis. [[Forbidden-Rider Outcast]] is a little more self-explanatory.

    If you don't have [[Linrei's Codex]], that's fine, just add in another FBO. If you don't have [[Bastion of the Dawn]], [[Confiscate]] can kill relics too. [[Grodov's Burden]], however, is vital to this deck. The ability to make your threats incredibly sticky whilst also acting as a very good ramp payoff is a very important part of what makes this deck work.

    I hope you have a good about of fun playing this deck!

    submitted by /u/Sunsfury
    [link] [comments]

    Meta Monday March 2020 Week 1

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:09 PM PST

    Tuesday Brewsday: Volatile Knuckle

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:58 AM PST

    Deck:

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/SPPBLnlWV4k/volatile-knuckles

    Every Tuesday I like to find a cool build around and play with it. Since EoE release every Tuesday has been consumed by Volatility. Nearing the end of my Volatility obsession I decided to take Volatility as far as I could, beyond all sensibility and common decency.

    This deck has actually won a game, and almost won another, at its core it's an 8 Harsh Rule, 8 Merchant control deck that is trying to crush the opponent in VALUE.

    submitted by /u/POP_MtG
    [link] [comments]

    Darmatist's Mask Does Not Revenge

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:05 PM PST

    Edit/Update/Answer - Revenge on Weapons passes Revenge onto the wielder. Weapons, it turns out, cannot revenge... damn inanimate objects.

    --------------------------

    Any idea what mechanic is causing this if it is not actually a bug?

    I got my first Mask today from a twitch drop and decided to make some jank to play in Gauntlet with. I threw a bunch of fatties and revenge units along with Dragon Forge/Voprex Choice to increase my chances of seeing the card work. I also threw in Touch of Resilience to help me keep the first fatty it gives me.

    Well, I used ToR on Mask in my hand and some unit on my board. Next turn it does its thing but the weapon goes to my void instead of revenging to my deck. All else occurs as expected but now throughout the game I just end up with loads of Masks in my void with the Revenge keyword on them.

    I did 2 Gauntlet runs with the same results. AI only had common/vanilla/no-text units on board and no relics at all to affect this. And of course my revenge units worked properly.

    What gives?

    ---------------------------

    submitted by /u/thorketil
    [link] [comments]

    BUG - This happened after I pledged Enchanted Platemail on the play. Neither me nor my opponent could take any game actions. (Not connection issues, my opponent could send me emotes and interact with the totems)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Eternal Highlights #147 - Opponent Wants It All to End

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:28 AM PST

    Kaislingers

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 11:42 PM PST

    Last month I went from bronze to masters in draft for the first time. This month I got there 4th!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:27 PM PST

    Hey DWD--where's the chapter 40 lore?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:10 PM PST

    Please tell me Incarnus survived!

    submitted by /u/Ilyak1986
    [link] [comments]

    Any news on european release/distribution of chronicles/gold&steel?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2020 12:43 AM PST

    Last I recall the game was supposed to release somewhere in febuary. I didn't preorder because I want to support my LGS, however they haven't received any stock yet and their suppliers apparently don't have any word on when they should arrive either.

    Is there anyone out there in eu who has received their order/been able to purchase the game? Or are all distributions delayed due to corona slowing everything down?

    submitted by /u/Criously
    [link] [comments]

    Foundational articles / guides for defender chooses board states

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:25 PM PST

    Hi folks,

    I've newly returned player to Eternal after a long (2+ year?) hiatus.

    A bit about me:

    20 years ago I played some MTG but only recreationally but never in any serious way. The concepts of "tempo" or "meta" didn't exist in my vocabulary: it was just kids playing with our tiny tiny collection, penciled in proxy cards and then venturing to a local shop for a draft night.

    When Hearthstone was introduced I got to scratch that itch again but this time learned some concepts. Tempo vs value (card advantage) vs health. Win conditions. The meta. I read some great articles that established the backbone / framework of my thinking and let me categorize and structure what I was learning through experience.

    "Who's the beatdown" was a great read and applied even to Hearthstone arena.

    Questions

    Things brings me to my question:

    Can anybody recommend any good foundational reads for thinking through defender chooses boards?

    In particular, in drafts I find myself not being able to mentally navigate a 5 vs 7 minion board state and understanding who's got the advantage and why.

    I don't presume this article will be written for Eternal but all the better if it is. This is just the base foundation and not necessarily the individual mechanics (unless they really dictate what's going on). Since Eternal shares so much with MTG I'm wondering if there might be something from that community that might also apply.

    TLDR: How do I stop my brain exploding in 5v7 boards and actually starting thinking the right way to learn from my plays?

    submitted by /u/pjturcot
    [link] [comments]

    That's a Win

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 10:39 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment