• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Eternal Card Game Eternal, Streaming Community, and a smidge of Mental Health

    Eternal Card Game Eternal, Streaming Community, and a smidge of Mental Health


    Eternal, Streaming Community, and a smidge of Mental Health

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit, its a me Punsforall. By most metrics I'm currently the most watched Eternal Streamer on twitch (Not bragging by any means just some context https://sullygnome.com/game/Eternal/30/watched). First off let me say I flippin love this game. I wouldn't spend 35+ hours every week streaming and playing this game if i didn't like it. And I am very excited for the release of Argent Depths next week. Everything is looking real interesting and fun all around. This is not some long post about the game dying this is about me and the streaming community.

    I kinda suck.

    And I may be someone who is interested in playing the game's first exposure to it.

    Let me explain. I love entertaining people, that's the whole reason I decided to start streaming in the first place. I enjoy playing card games and there's so much crap going on in the world I just want to entertain people. I know somewhere about 80% of Eternal's streaming audience is just there for drops. Its just a fact I accepted a long time ago. I know streaming eternal will never get me partner because Twitch has rejected me 16 times because of drops. I don't want to complain about drops, I want them to stay because they keep people engaged in the community. The eternal community is such a nice and accepting community with so many great content creators. So many great creators are streaming and creating content.

    But there have been points in the past 2 weeks where I've been the only person streaming. I 100% know I am not people's cup of tea. I can get... lets say a lil tilted. I am incredibly thankful that there are people that tolerate me and support my streaming. Its no secret i suffer from depression and anxiety and this added pressure has been weighing on me. I had a really bad anxiety attack on stream today after a particularly bad loss. It went beyond just losing a game, it really set my anxiety into overdrive. I wanted to end the stream and decompress but i felt pressured to keep on streaming and keep the directory alive which only compounded the anxiety attack. Its not good for the game as a whole if I am the only person streaming and I have a anxiety attack. Twitch streams were how I started the game and got interested and learned a lot. Shout out to locopojo for being the best person.

    This goes beyond just "drop babysitters", this is about keeping the community active and alive. I will 100% encourage people to stream eternal to engage with this amazing community. Queue times have been really fast lately and I am optimistic for the future of the game. I'm trying to be a better person and be as welcoming and deal with my depression and anxiety the best I can, but I really don't want to be the only person on at times so that people can have someone more chill than I am to watch and get into the game. I try to raid new people when i see them to encourage people to keep streaming and stay in the game (like big baller Ilyon did to me back in the day) If you're thinking about streaming DO IT! If you have questions about how you can 100% hit me up on discord and I will help.

    TL;DR: I love this community, I am a bad representative for this game, I'm trying to get better, but its stressing me out, and more people should stream Eternal!

    submitted by /u/WhatWesWatches
    [link] [comments]

    [AD] Ijin, Walking Armory

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    6/19 Update

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    The Heroes from the Depths Preview Event is Live! Enhance your two-faction Throne decks with new Heroes from Argent Depths, and track your prowess on the Faction Leaderboards!

    We have also made the following fixes and improvements:

    • Fixed an issue where the game would hang when trying to create a copy of a unit on a full board.

    • Fixed an issue where playing Hone could cause a game crash.

    • Molten Fist should once again properly display Strength equal to the player's armor.

    • Fixed an issue where Lastlight Judgement could cause the game to hang.

    If you encounter these issues after restarting Eternal, or have any questions, please let us know at support@direwolfdigital.com or via in-game feedback under Options.

    submitted by /u/DireWolfDigital
    [link] [comments]

    Should Crown Patroller and Emerald Crafter swap types?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Apparently the mages patrol the streets with daggers while the soldiers craft magical emeralds.

    submitted by /u/anklecutter
    [link] [comments]

    So how's everyone's first impressions with the hero event so far?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Finished 3 runs so far, and so far have gone 1-3 in all of them. What can you do, at least if you go 1-3 you still get 4 packs for 4k gold so not the worst. Played skycrag yetis, argentport valkyries and feln mill/scream.

    But I've noticed that everyone is on the feln bandwagon for some reason. It's def strong and I can see why people would play it, but it seems so much more played than the other factions. I think 8 of my 12 games were against feln. And not even different kinds of feln, it was mostly mother of skies -> merchant -> new rindra -> Champion.

    How about everyone else? What are people experimenting with? And which faction do you think is the strongest so far? I still have 40k of gold left but I think I'm done with the event for now if I'm just going to keep facing feln, sort of want variety so hoping tomorrow might bring it. All this fighting against feln really reminds me why i hate champion of cunning >[ .

    submitted by /u/Tigeon
    [link] [comments]

    10 and 2 for the new event with Stonescar! (Decklist inside)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Link to my deck that I used (healthily altered from various Stonescar lists but shoutouts to Jedi_EJ and ManuS in particular) with a deck tech:

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/wb1XOOSx2m4/10-2-stonescar-event

    Happy to answer any questions, I actually like all off the new Legends and despite this killer run, I wouldn't jump to calling it busted. I am doing good but mostly around 5 wins and a pretty bad 2/3 run as well. Good luck out there. Sorry I hit all my Firebombs :x

    submitted by /u/LurksLeighs
    [link] [comments]

    So what happens if you play the event with 4 Rolant already in deck?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Do you get 8? Just flagged as invalid? Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/RFeynman1972
    [link] [comments]

    For a set that's happening in nightmare Argenport, there are very few cards that look like they have that theme going.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    Very few nightmares, very few events showing a shrunken Vara or her adventures...

    What exactly is going on here? While the lore is one thing, this "set" seems like a disconnected big expansion of random cards.

    Anyone else get that sort of feeling?

    submitted by /u/Ilyak1986
    [link] [comments]

    The fine print for Imbue

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    from pchapin in discord

    Imbue takes a picture at the time you pay the cost (stunning the unit, which needs to be unstunned and not have Endurance to pay it), and that's the bonus as long as you can keep the link going. The link is indefinite, but if the stunned unit gets unstunned, if the unit with Imbue gets silenced or transformed, or if either one changes zones, the link is broken for good.

    Just in case you didn't know about it.

    submitted by /u/littledragon9482
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Hi I'm mike looking for info on the game kinda new to it looking to build new decks and hope any one needs friend to add u can add me worldslayer90+8997 be cool to hear from yall thanks

    submitted by /u/mikepace90
    [link] [comments]

    Here is a good one for the bug hall of fame.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    The in-game report was given, but I want to put this here for anyone else to watch out for.

    I was playing a casual match for quest completion. It's a Skycrag spell deck for getting "100 damage with primal cards" and "20 spell damage". I had a howling peak and two howling peak smugglers out.

    My opponent casts Avigraft on one of my smugglers. My next turn I hit the mirror image, not thinking, and target my last smuggler. I then lost the game. I was still over 20 health, plenty of cards in my deck. It was like trying to copy a card I can't play then caused the game engine to divide by zero and implode or something.

    So do not try to copy a unit that has been Avigrafted!

    submitted by /u/Chefbarbie74
    [link] [comments]

    Exclusive Argent Depths Spoiler on Backlash News

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    To be honest, I'm very happy about the influence costs in various spoilers.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    So many card that were meant to be mostly monocolor back when they released are so easy to play into dual and triple color decks now. Even the 5 influence cycle from Dark Frontier (Rost, Sediti, etc...) could be played with a second color without too much effort. Now we're seeing a lot of cards with more influence than power cost and it's really going to push the limit to see what's playable outside of mono.

    I alwalys tought Sand Warrior and Alluring Ember had a fun design, very unique to eternal, and I'm glad to finally see some expansion to this idea.

    submitted by /u/E-308
    [link] [comments]

    TTT Cult Aggro (Expedition)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    To see Triple T Deck Tech and action filled games all in one video, go here:

    https://youtu.be/O_Gvy_Ar7FQ

    This week on Triple T, we explore the power of Sol's cultists even after the sun has exploded, and their tribe has been nerfed. This deck has so much potential and really performed beyond the expectations I had going in. This week TTT is in a new sort of format. We will start by jumping into a series of ladder matches, then we will move on to the deck tech. To finish off we will discuss the deck's power score with the TTT ranking Trial (based on StrictlyBetterMTG's power rankings from his Youtube channel about Magic)

    To see the full decklist please visit Eternal Warcry: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/E2zdAnGVxvQ/ttt-cult-aggro-expedition

    submitted by /u/ProbablyRedEternal
    [link] [comments]

    AD Mechanics and Speed Running Gauntlet podcast

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    AD Mechanics and Speed Running Gauntlet podcast

    https://preview.redd.it/h4csstkums551.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=5cc9157abcbc18131a88c63ffe0f550d712e7804

    Nrausch1 joins the Eternal Journey crew to break down the mechanics of the latest Eternal set Argent Depths and of course to talk about his new adventures in setting the Gauntlet speed run WORLD RECORD. We have our usual pack one pick one, what's the play, and constructed corner segments.

    https://youtu.be/O2u6kEo_7jI

    https://soundcloud.com/eternal-journey-476372610/eternal-journey-71-argent-depths-mechanics-and-speed-runs

    www.twitch.tv/nrausch1

    Twitter - EJthePodcast

    YouTube - EternalJourney

    Twitch.tv/Jedi_EJ

    Discord: https://discord.gg/hzakRbN

    submitted by /u/Jedi_EJ
    [link] [comments]

    Yesterday I went second 8 games in a row. Today I end up here. The Expedition ladder is trying to kill me, I think.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Looking for help with my June sealed league pool

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm struggling a little bit with the sealed league this month. Since it's ALL THE SETS it seems that like the decks I could build are barren of synergy and feel very clunky to play.

    Also I think that the individual card quality of my pool isn't the highest.

    I drew 2 legendaries, but as they are both TTTJJJ and FFFPPP respectively, they are hard to get out, since my fixing isn't the best.

    This is my sealed pool:

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/6IMGoeH76y4/june-sealed-league-pool

    And this is the TFJ deck I've come up with:

    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/d/49F-z5m3F6M/june-sealed-league-pool-deck

    It basically hopes to survive until I get to drop my fatties and not die to early aggression or fliers until then. It lacks good combat tricks and the removal is, apart from the relic weapons, quite light. Maybe playing primal would be better after all?

    Anyways, if you've come this far, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to any and all advice! Maybe there's a good deck in that pool that I just didn't find yet ;)

    submitted by /u/23WATTS
    [link] [comments]

    FYI Rolling Spikeback can pull the new dinosaurs already.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Just got the one that gives decay and I am pretty sure it freaked out my opponent as he seemed to just lost all aggression.

    Decay is an interesting ability.

    submitted by /u/Delanorix
    [link] [comments]

    UPDATE: Argent Depths Preview Event on Switch

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    UPDATE: The Heroes from the Depths Preview Event will not initially be available on Nintendo Switch, and most Versus modes are still disabled on that platform. We are working on it, so stay tuned!

    The Heroes from the Depths Preview Event will be available on all other platforms at 10 AM MST (16:00 UTC), tomorrow, June 19.

    submitted by /u/DireWolfDigital
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please *craft* draft-release cards?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Simple topic. Once cards are released, I'm not sure it's fair certain people get to play with a full set of say, ruffian, or a full set of vows, because they were lucky enough to come across them in draft packs. Let us throw some shiftstone at them please, DWD!

    submitted by /u/Ilyak1986
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment