• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 20, 2021

    Eternal Card Game The Misplay - #67 - We'll Do It Live!

    Eternal Card Game The Misplay - #67 - We'll Do It Live!


    The Misplay - #67 - We'll Do It Live!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    TNT Throwdown: Hero format!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi folks. TNT's next Throwdown is in the Hero format. Tournament starts next week Wednesday (April 28) and runs through that Sunday. This gives folks plenty of time to brew. This is the second throwdown in this series of five tournaments. Last week's tournament was in Serf format and taken down by Supermaus!

    Registration is open!

    Hero Format Rules

    Decks must be 100 card singleton decks (no duplicates). However, decks CAN contain multiple copies of power cards (including all non-sigils) and cards that exchange with your market (any combination of Merchants, Grafters, and Etchings), up to a maximum of 12. A hero card is any unit card that comes up when searching for the term Hero in client. Your hero card goes into the market. The only other cards allowed in the market are power and bargain cards (search for term Bargain in client).

    We've added these additional heroes:

    • From Within//Brynn, Inner Strength
    • From Below//Plasma Primordial
    • From Anguish//Burning Cruelty
    • From Elements//Otherworldly Visitor
    • From Beyond//Maeve, Walker of Aeons
    • Righteous Intent//Kesava, Trueheart
    • The Witching Hour//Muertis, Volan, Occi, and Sangu, Pale Riders
    • Align the Tesseract//Tesseract Prime
    • Jawbone Greatsword//Brand, Without Fear

    The factions of your deck MUST match those of your hero. For example, if you choose Galai, Shavka's Listener as your hero, your deck must only contain fire cards. If you choose Curiox, Insatiable Seeker as your hero, your deck must include fire, time, and primal cards. If your Hero isn't a unit, your deck may only contain cards that share the influence of the generated unit(s). For example, From Within//Brynn, Inner Strength, your deck may only contain justice and primal.

    Banned Cards: Ponysnatcher, Wasteland Broker, and Market hate cards are not allowed (i.e. Damara Deft Saboteur, Bam, Sneakeepeekee, Incendiary Slagmite, Toll of Warfare, etc).

    Join the Fun!

    Register for the tournament here. And join the TNT discord for details.

    submitted by /u/marvin_the_imp
    [link] [comments]

    420 Patch ;) Direwolf Digital Drops a Fat One "Draft Changes" Shake up Expedition

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Competitive play mental health tips

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 12:17 AM PDT

    I have noticed that the topic of mental health comes up a lot in player interviews and it really shows how down to earth those people are in a good way. With me being highly sensitive and taking an interest in mental health and spirituality in general, I took a while to reflect on what keeps me personally going and put together my own take on the subject for anyone who might be interested. Feel free to take it with a grain of salt as well as it is entirely possible that I am a bit more resilient to these situations than normal, considering that my experiences with competitive play go a long way back to college years, when I would wake up hungover on early morning, slam a guarana extract at the gas station (don't worry, I was not driving) and regardless make it to Top4 without it having too much of a sway over me, during or after. Sitting comfortably at home while playing online still rather pales in comparison.

    So anyway, here are some of my tips, which I think work for me the best:

    a) Be patient and know that this too shall pass

    It might sound like a spiritual cliché, but for me personally it makes a whole world of difference to simply remind myself that none of the emotions I get from the experience, whether positive or negative, have any lasting effect over me and I usually sleep them off in a day or two. I too get nervous, frustrated and humiliated a lot and so does everybody else, but at least for me personally, I know myself well enough to realize that if I were to win first place or flop miserably, there rest of my day-to-day life will not be affected by this at all and it feels really comforting and reassuring to be aware of that. And if you fail so badly it still takes a hold of you for days? Make an anecdote about it to share and you will easily find out that others can be much more kind and understanding about it than you think. People generally have a dreadful tendency to be much harsher towards themselves than towards others.

    b) Relinquish control of the outcome, instead take control of the effect it has on you

    Bear in mind, when partaking in this kind of activity, that it will never be possible to be in control of all the factors that could take you to whichever goal you have set for yourself. If anything else, the game is still fairly random in its nature, but the good news is that you can always be 100% sure that what you take from outcome is completely in your own hands. And by this I especially mean that is is not entirely naive to consider each of your failures as "learning experiences" in their own merit and think that the harder they hit you, the bigger the lesson. Also, even regardless of that, if the failure to reach your goal made you even a tiny bit more compassionate towards yourself in the end, it is entirely possible that you took more from the experience than if you took it all the way to the top thanks to a boon from RNG gods instead.

    c) Don't be a copycat, play to your own strengths

    While it can be helpful to listen to the top players' advice on how to succeed, it can also get quite humiliating sometimes to realize that you will not likely reach such levels of resolve and skill in your own efforts. On the other hand, however, it is also important to know that as a matter of fact, everyone's brain works differently and it could possibly be even more important to find out what works best for you and you alone, while even being the most enriching part of the entire competitive experience. As an example, for me personally it helps to know that if I were to put most of my efforts into thinking through all the possible outcomes and trying to plan ahead, even prior to a tournament when considering what deck to play, I would most likely just burn out and flop. But this is okay, because my brain works better with intuition rather than careful planning and I can perform better by simply "following my bliss" rather than cold hard rationality, and at least in MtG, I have the results to show for that. How it works in practice, at least for me, is that I know that I am most likely to perform best with the deck I enjoy playing the most, as I enjoy winning and this is my intuition telling me what to go for, and so on. Seeing as this is not discussed as much as it in my opinion should, it might just be your way of doing things the best, and not only in tournaments, but in other areas of life as well.

    Also, as a sidenote, prioritizing having fun over performing well at all cost can also help you stay doing the activity far longer than you normally would, because otherwise you just risk burning out and never returning to the game back again. And I want it to be played by as much people as possible, so go out there and have fun. :)

    submitted by /u/MartenInf
    [link] [comments]

    Filterable gallery of the 4/20 Draft Pack changes

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    4/20 Balance Update!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    Expedition Additions and Balance Additions review

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    Earlier today, DWD announced some new additions to the Expedition format, and some buffs/nerfs intended for Drafting. As always, I have an opinion of them and it's time to share! I've commented on how I think the changes might shape up in my newest article on Sunsfury's Forge, focused on how these new changes might impact Expedition.

    As always: Good Luck; Have Fun; and make sure to watch out for any Menace-ing opponents!

    submitted by /u/Sunsfury
    [link] [comments]

    Take me back to before Tome of Horrors was printed

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    this shit is so fucking boring

    submitted by /u/LateNightCartunes
    [link] [comments]

    The best card no one plays: Jekk's Takedown

    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 07:22 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment